Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 01:57 PM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Any Warhammer players out there? I'm not talking about Space Marines and super-duper world-crushing annihilator-land-raider-grav-tanks here [img]tongue.gif[/img] but Dragons, Cannons and big regiments of meticulously painted rank-and-file troops!

Oh and Sigmar, how do you like being the only army slower than Undead?
Old 01-17-2002, 02:04 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Ooooh that was below the belt (and that's pretty hard considering I'm a dwarf, not literally but I'm dwarf at heart ) , but you forget about the trusty hat wearing lunatics theCHAOS DWARFS. Granted they may have bull centaurs but they're still dwarfs! We have gyrocopters which are faster then anything you army has to offer, well except that damn zombie dragon. The only people at Ironworks that I know that play warhammer are Azure but he collects 40,000 and Legolas.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Old 01-17-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Chaos Dwarves are the only army in warhammer with only 2 troop types being dwarves and the rest a mixture of other races [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Now lets see for Undead.. Zombies, Wraiths, Wights, Skeletons, Vampires, Ghouls, Wolves, Banshees.. did I miss anything?

As for Dwarves.. Dwarves with guns and beards, Dwarves with hammers and beards, Dwarves with axes and orange beards, Dwarves with pickaxes and beards, Dwarves with cannons and beards...

Hahah just joking friend I dread the day my Vampires go up against slayers..

Plus we have Fell Bats, Spirit Hosts, Winged Nightmares and the famed Zombie Dragons. Rear charges are so much fun with the little folk [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Lifetime ]

Old 01-17-2002, 02:35 PM   #4
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, my hordes of lizardmen would leave you in the stone age (ducks stones thrown due to exceedingly cheesy pun).
But seriously, I collect Lizardmen, after a brief tango with High Elves years back.
Also, do any of you play Warhammer Quest or Blood Bowl?
Old 01-17-2002, 02:38 PM   #5
Durwyn
Elminster

Hmmm Dwarves in Warhammer? Sounds great already! ;D

What is this Warhammer game ye speak of?
Old 01-17-2002, 02:42 PM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Hmmm Dwarves in Warhammer? Sounds great already! ;D

What is this Warhammer game ye speak of?

Its a model game thats loosely based on Tolkien's Middle Earth. Try www.games-workshop.com

And I used to play lizardmen too! But I sorta lost interest in them because of the lack of cool miniatures and the must for a Slann Mage-Priest. I hate those guys..
Old 01-17-2002, 03:02 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I've never played warhammer, altho I do use the figurines for D&D, and have homebrewed some rules to make mass combat easier than it is in PnP
Old 01-17-2002, 03:13 PM   #8
Lifetime
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
I've never played warhammer, altho I do use the figurines for D&D, and have homebrewed some rules to make mass combat easier than it is in PnP

Actually I think they have figures for a DnD combat game now called Chainmail or some-such..
The figures are'nt bad..
Old 01-17-2002, 03:23 PM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

I've never played it. but has anyone played the Warhammer Omen computer game, my friend has it and I'm wondering if I should bother borrowing it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2002, 03:40 PM   #10
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Dark Omens? Its tough, and it bears no real relation to the board game. Good for a laugh though, there isn't much like it around really.

I play undead at present too. I made the massive mistake the other day of having an army made entirely of a massive skeleton unit. would have been fine as they are hard to kill (or at least permanently kill) but I gave them heavy armour and sheilds... moving 2" a turn... no marching... bad bad idea. Lost the game in my usual fit of hopelessness.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe