Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 09:52 PM   #1
Xash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi all , so i`m in baldurs gate by the festival and this guy comes up to me and tells me that i`ve been infected with a poison and have ten days to live , that was about 8 days ago. when i realized this i was in the maze hunting sarovok(?)
now i must go to the queen of the water by the harbor and get the antidote,
but .... umm .... i killed her a while back see. any ideas . i cant find it in the item list in cheats area
any help would bring a 1000 blessings upon your first born
thnx

[This message has been edited by Xash (edited 06-14-2001).]
Xash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 05:55 AM   #2
Jezzrian
Dungeon Master

Spoiler
I thought that the antidote was with the guy that poisoned you, and that by talking to him you got cured, it isn't actually an antidote in itself. If I've got the right quest you have to talk to the fortune teller in the market, and the guy outside who poisoned you. He wants you to free him from his geas or something, and if you do that he'll tell you where the guy is. You need to get a book of wisdom from the priestess, not the antidote. And marek, the guy, is in the blushing mermaid, but he might only appear after you give the book to Lothandar.

Any help?
Jezzrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 10:14 AM   #3
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

I suspect you killed one of her helpers (a little girl, right?)
SPOILER
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
If you killed the high priestess, then you should've found the scroll of geas removal. If you haven't kille dher, you can ask her for the scroll, she will agree to give you the scroll if you being her Tome of Understanding. Now get your thief to pickpocket her. Save first. If you manage to pickpocket her - great. I managed to do this wil a thief having 20% in pickpocket, so it's not that hard. Now go to the place where she told you to get the Tome. Get the tome by saying that your life depends on it. Identify it and read it with the char you want to raise Wisdom for. Now go meet Lothander. He'll thank you and tell you that Marek is in Blushing Mermaid. Go there and talk to Marek on the second floor. You shuld get a message saying your poison has been cured and Marek will attack. He like to cast confusion (or was it horror?), which I find the most annoying. Anyway, best strategy is to surround him with your characters and quickly kill him when he turns hostile. You'll find an antidote potion usable 10 times and an awesome short bow.
dimon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 12:06 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
- The quest is as dimon37 says, BUT... if you dont complete it, dont be afraid, YOU WONT DIE !!! . The only sad fact is that you wont get the Eagle Bow (its a short bow +2), its cool.

------------------
"I´ve been captured... and I don´t care" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 01:36 PM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

I remember doing that quest,but I dont remember getting the Eagle Bow.

------------------
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 04:50 AM   #6
Rand Al'Thor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well,i died when not compkleting it,and now i am in gullykin and have 8 hour left
are there cheats to solve the prob?

------------------

So says the Lord of Terror,and so it is written.
Rand Al'Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 12:23 PM   #7
Volourn
Manshoon

My first time through the game this quest really beat the crap out of me. After he poisoned me, I didn't take him seriously, and went on with the adventure. I eventually landed up dying ( good thing I saved before hand). I couldn't find him (even though the idiot was merely 10' away from where he first threatened me. LOL! I became frustrated, and started a new game, and eventually I got to the same part and realized what a DUPE I really was. Heheh! I played my original game to complete it finally. MAN,wasn't that foolish!!!

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Volourn is offline   Reply With Quote