Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2001, 11:55 PM   #11
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Baby Bro!

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. *whispering: a new pic, huh?*

*HUGS*

Big Sis

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-10-2001, 05:44 AM   #12
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Out of intrest: how long did it take you guys before you got them in, on your first try?

I spent about an hour poking myself in the eye before i even got one in! and then the b*stard of an optician made me take them out and put them back in again another 3 times to prove i could do it. If there was ever someone that needed flamestriked.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 07-10-2001).]
Old 07-10-2001, 08:14 AM   #13
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I am living proof that the Laser eye surgery works, sometimes better than expected!
When they do the operation, they shoot for more than 20/20, like they calculate for 20/05 or 20/10, with the expectancy that your eyes will heal, and as the healing effect begins, it brings you back out towards blindess, but will stop somewhere around 20/20. That is the theory they explained to me, anyway. Well, I asked them why my vision healing system did not work the way they anticipated, and they could not give me an answer, because I can see 20/05 with both eyes! I am almost to the point of the blessed x-ray vision my brother! (hehe).
There is only one draw-back. When I first had the operation, I had to wear dark sunglasses at night to drive, for the lights at night were deadly painful. But I am ok, now.

How long dod it take for you to heal completely? Are there any after effects, that have sprung up. I was thinking about it but am a little leary, about having my eyes lased.

Has anyone ever had a contact lens rip while in there eye? NOT a happy feeling!!

Old 07-10-2001, 09:54 AM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:
How long dod it take for you to heal completely? Are there any after effects, that have sprung up. I was thinking about it but am a little leary, about having my eyes lased.

It took two weeks of eye drops every 30 minutes,(two types of drops), and wearing these eye shields taped to my face at night to stop me from accidently rubbing them in my sleep. (It takes alot of will power to not rub). Even after the two weeks, I was deathly scared that I would rub my eye, and it would fall out or something!
Night vision was wasted for at least a month, and certain colors like yellow appeared as if I was living in a cartoon world. In all, I guess I felt ok after a month. Every time I went to the eye doc. for checkups, he would brag about how well the healing was going, and that made me feel alot better. I am to the point now where I only have to go in once a year for check-ups.

To me, it was WELL WORTH THE MONEY AND EFFORT!

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Old 07-10-2001, 09:56 AM   #15
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:

Has anyone ever had a contact lens rip while in there eye? NOT a happy feeling!!

I am not a laser eye treatment recipient myself (I have natural 20/15 vision ) but 3 people I know have had the surgery and all three swear by everything holy that it was the best thing they have ever done! No side effects (at least none that they talk about). One guy had it done on a Thursday morning and was out doing a race (he is an adventure racer) on Friday afternoon! The other two woman healed in about three days. I think the heal time will depend on the amount of adjustment they need to do, and your overall health.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-10-2001, 10:54 AM   #16
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Out of intrest: how long did it take you guys before you got them in, on your first try?

I spent about an hour poking myself in the eye before i even got one in! and then the b*stard of an optician made me take them out and put them back in again another 3 times to prove i could do it. If there was ever someone that needed flamestriked.....

Only about ten minutes because my older sister coached me the morning before I went in to get them.
Had I not had her, I am sure I would have been at it for days!
Damn that involuntary blinking!

Moni

------------------

Old 07-10-2001, 10:57 AM   #17
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Bravo for you Jerome. I am sure your handsomeness is greatly enhanced. 'Course, none of us will truly know since you have yet to share your lovely face with the rest of us!! Perhaps you would be so kind as to post your before AND after contacts pictures at Stealthy's? Are you up to the challenge?

Hope to see you there oh-newly-sighted-one!

A picture...ah....well....umm.....oh, is that the time? sorry gotta run!

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 12:06 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh dear, Jerome! I remember well the "poking yourself in the eye and more tears than would fill Niagra Falls" routine! I think it must have taken me a few weeks to get used to sticking a finger IN my eye! My biggest problem (even nowadays!) is if I'm not paying attention keeping my eye WIDE open my silly lashes catch on the lens and it rolls back out before I can settle it. Do yourself a favor and keep a pair of glasses (backup) nearby when you put the lenses in. If you drop one you hate to move much for fear of losing or destroying it! Being able to put the glasses on and SEE where it is helps!

I really do love mine, Jerome. Still use my glasses on weekends if I'm not going out or any time I may think I'm going to nap...but see so much more w/ contacts! Don't hate the optician... he was just being sure you had the skills before turning you lose with your saline and lenses! teehee

Cloudy, your favorite Arch Nemesis

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 07-10-2001).]
Old 07-10-2001, 04:04 PM   #19
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:

Thats where I would have come in handy Jerome!!!!!!!
Shoooosh!!!!!!!LOL

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 04:34 PM   #20
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
... if I'm not paying attention keeping my eye WIDE open my silly lashes catch on the lens and it rolls back out before I can settle it.
[/B]
Oh no, she mentioned her eyelashes again, her famous eyelashes over the equally famous hazel eyes ! With that image in my mind I'll be unable once again to find any sleep this night ...

As for contact lenses: I cannot have 'em - sigh ! When my ophthalmologist looked at that little strip that is used to determine your production of lachrymal liquid he couldn't believe his eyes: it had not been wetted at all ! After that he had a hard time believing me that, considering that lack of lachrymal liquid, I was not suffering terribly from itching eyes and related problems, but strongly recommended against the use of contact lenses in my case. Thus I am stuck with my glasses forever ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 07-10-2001).]