Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 11:57 PM   #31
Moni

Melusine has a hampster named Fluffy...her friends are a bunch of Fluffies, Fluffies of all colors. I don't know how or where the war got started but the thread was pretty funny if you could wait on it to load...lots of graphics of hamster gifs and fighting smileys.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 12:00 AM   #32
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Oh I get it. I wish I could've seen the thread before it got deleted. Ah well, I guess somebody's gonna have to start ANOTHER funny thread! But not me... I'm not that funny, well except for spur of the moment things.

-Jafin

------------------

I may look like an old man now, but just you wait until I take off my fake beard and wig and show you Tiltowait!
Old 06-14-2001, 12:02 AM   #33
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
Oh I get it. I wish I could've seen the thread before it got deleted. Ah well, I guess somebody's gonna have to start ANOTHER funny thread! But not me... I'm not that funny, well except for spur of the moment things.

-Jafin

I don't think it got deleted just 'locked' so no one else can post there. It should be on the second or third thread page with about 11 total 'pages'

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-14-2001, 04:00 AM   #34
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, adding 2 cents here..
I do understand if Ziroc is closing a thread if there has been heat from mails to him, since the board is for people of all ages, one has to be careful of ones laguage. As a very freespirited Swede (Not to be read as disrespectful ok!) I have a little problem regarding the lines here since we seem to be more "free" in our language and such regarding age here. Yet that is my opinion, and I respect Zirocs and the moderators position and actions on this board, they do have a responsibility to ALL users here.

We will just have to try our way, and try to make the best of the situation, i don´t think we have to censur ourselves mouse, and I hope we don´t have to. I´m not very found of censur.. But a little more time to make our posts might make that not needed..

=)

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-14-2001, 04:16 AM   #35
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:

The disturbing aspect are the comments “Have I not said kids under 14 read this forum?” and “ I'm closing this.. it's spam.” .

Firstly, I did not consider the posts spam. As I said above a lot of people took time, effort and creativity in their posts.
Look, I told you guys to cut down on these kind of posts, they ARE spam IMO. And the reason I'm getting tough on spam posts is because many people have emailed me about them, and (the #1 reason)-- I don't have unlimited server space , Actually, this forum is taking up 3 megs a day, and it's pushing my 'limit' (They gave me 1.5Gig) so far, the forum is 798MB, Now I am going to HAVE to delete some of the oldest posts and archive them offline until I can get another server, but for now, lets keep it more spam free, just don't flood gen con with them

PS: Some of you ARE right though, if Bladeboy didn't post those posts, it would have been left alone.. MAYBE!! I was reading it, and yeah, a few threads were funny as hell, and cool.. then BLADE posted.. that blade.. so RUSTED and NASTY! DIRTY!!!!! better rub some vasoline on that blade! j/k

(Sick man, sick.. Teacher taught me I SWEAR! )

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 06-14-2001).]

Old 06-14-2001, 09:21 AM   #36
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Hey Z! You mentioned that you're running out of server space. Just curious if adding another hard drive would help take the stress out of that? I've got a 40GB drive that would be more than happy to donate to the boards, if it would help. Just let me know, and I'll send it.

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 06-14-2001, 09:29 AM   #37
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

I aint tryin to start a war but me and jerome discussed this debate at school and i think Z was wrong (but its Zs choice, i mean he is the webmaster)
BUT THE FLUFFY HUNTING POST ROCKED
ps one of the best posts i have participated in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

The Psychedelic Buttafly
No Ordinary Buttafly!!!!!
Old 06-14-2001, 09:48 AM   #38
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:
I aint tryin to start a war but me and jerome discussed this debate at school and i think Z was wrong (but its Zs choice, i mean he is the webmaster)

That is the problem with a 'large' domain like this, while the thread may have been exciting for some, it was offensive to others. It is the unfortunate job of the moderators to police these threads and make a decision on whether the line of decency (not for the thread, but for the forum) has been crossed. In this case I back Ziroc 100% (not that he needs my backing ). You will probably not find a more 'open' person, than me, when it comes to 'sexual' discussion and topics. Nothing (and I mean nothing) offends or embarrasses me, but along with this I do know that others are easily offended and it is for those people that we must 'limit' our speech. Is it wrong? Who knows, maybe we are being censored too much, but on the otherhand, a little bit of censorship goes a long way in keeping this forum as diverse as it is.

Just my 2cents

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-14-2001, 09:50 AM   #39
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:

Then donate money to Ziroc so he can buy more Hard-drive space...
The space he has now is for what he wants it to be.
Remember, you are playing with his money, not yours.
And he is not wrong to decide on how he handles his own property.

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 11:29 AM   #40
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
Hey Z! You mentioned that you're running out of server space. Just curious if adding another hard drive would help take the stress out of that? I've got a 40GB drive that would be more than happy to donate to the boards, if it would help. Just let me know, and I'll send it.
Wow man, that's nice of ya, I wish I could accept but the server isn't mine now (it's a new one) and they only allow people to 'upgrade' their HD amount 2 times starts at 500mb, and $50 for each extra block of 500MB. (total 1.5gig). Now my old friend that I used as my server IS back up and online, but I dunno how his financial situation is, if it IS ok, I'll go back to him, and then I could install the 40gig'er and not worry about ANY posts! I HATE not being able to mess with the server.. I could drive over and install stuff, and do work on it and what-not.. I'll ask him this weekend!!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks