Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 06:08 PM   #11
Charean
Hathor

I kinda miss those trees here... they are EVERYWHERE in the DC metro area... alas - the real flowering trees are east and south!

Lucky you to have them so near! (Used to have one outside my bedroom window... loved it!)

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... !!
Renunciate in Training {the Darkover Series, Marian Zimmer Bradley}
Trucker Punkin Fluffy
Whatever You Seek On The Outside, Seek First Within...
Adding a line to see if anyone really reads this stuff, or if I am just amusing myself.
Thinking about adding a book to the end of my sig... after all, this is getting purty darn long now... may be time to edit, ya think?
Old 06-13-2001, 06:26 PM   #12
Moni

Outside your bedroom window!
That must have been heaven!
I am planting a blooming Star Jasmine under grandpa's bedroom window tomorrow.
It is only about two 1/2 feet tall but has 5 or 6 branches coming out from it that are covered with blossoms. Right now, I get to enjoy it while it sits on the porch waiting...tomorrow, it is all for his pleasure.

I'm thinking about putting some honeysuckle under his other window which is around the corner of the house but I don't want to overwhelm him so I am still just considering it. He does not like change much and just within the last couple of weeks, I have painted his awnings, moved the dining room around, hung drapes in his room and told him we are putting an oven in the kitchen!

(funny thing about him not liking change though is that when Rex or his parents do it, he throws a fit but when I do it, its all OK. I don't do anything differently than they would either! I think that is because I, myself, was an abrupt change in his routine when I came here...one he could not keep from happening or make anyone take back and then he sees that all I do makes everything around him better and for whatever reason, as long as I make the changes around here, its fine.)

Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 06:39 PM   #13
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I'm sure that whatever makes you happy will in turn be comforting for him. maybe its because you're 'you' - our Moni, the woman who has at least ten green fingers and a pair of wonder-gro gloves treasured somewhere.

It's good to change for a while, I tore down everything in my bedroom a while ago and figured out that the blue shade was giving me depressions often.

I started do my own redecorating and bought several rolls of the "dragon-phoenix" wallpaper and then managed to redo the entire room, it was really fun as well. Not to mention that I slept more (forget I said that!)

Anyway, I felt lucky today after what you said, and I planted a little orange pip beside dad's usual carrots and potatoes.

Who knows?
Perhaps I'll get lucky after all!

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 06:42 PM   #14
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

That's a beautiful photo Moni! I haven't seen any Magnolia trees up where I live in Minnesota. In my neighborhood we have tons of Lilac bushes. The smell when the bloom is wonderful. Thanks for the pic!

-Jafin

------------------

I may look like an old man now, but just you wait until I take off my fake beard and wig and show you Tiltowait!
Old 06-13-2001, 06:48 PM   #15
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Nice tree even though im not really the nature guy.

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 08:02 PM   #16
Moni

Wah, your room sounds cool! Glad to hear you figured out what what giving you depressions! For me, here, it is the dark paneled walls and lack of light that can protrude through all the foliage and trees outside...it is like living in a cave with all the luxeries of the modern world. I keep doors open to the screens and curtains open as wide as I can open them all day long LOL...it helps until I get the courage to tear grandpas's wall paneling down!

That's just too cool that you planted something today!
May it bring you luck for years to come!

Hugs!
Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 08:04 PM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
That's a beautiful photo Moni! I haven't seen any Magnolia trees up where I live in Minnesota. In my neighborhood we have tons of Lilac bushes. The smell when the bloom is wonderful. Thanks for the pic!

-Jafin

Jafin,
You're very welcome!

I envy you and the lilacs!!! In Ohio, where I grew up, we had one in our backyard. It is a bit too hot year round for one here although I knew poeple in AZ that managed to keep them alive there. Last year we had limits on the hours we could use water during an almost drought in these here parts of Texas...I would hate myself if I planted one and then had to watch it die.

Hugs!
Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 08:05 PM   #18
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Nicely proportioned tree!
I agree! One could harvest a healthy amount of lumber out of that tree. Onthepequod eyes his chainsaw.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-13-2001, 08:06 PM   #19
Moni

Jabidas,
Thank you! I am glad you took a look! Its awesome! I just wish it was ours and not our neighbors!!!

In about forty more years, I guess we'll have TWO of them though!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 08:07 PM   #20
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
I agree! One could harvest a healthy amount of lumber out of that tree. Onthepequod eyes his chainsaw.

So what is the quality of an old Magnolia, stripped and sawed into planks?