Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2003, 04:34 PM   #11
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

I don't think I'm allergic to anything, but my boyfriend's allergic to cats, and I've always wanted one. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
You could try one of those "naked cats". [img]tongue.gif[/img] Though, seriously, there are breeds of cats that allergics can have. Some that is, because some people are still allergic to them. But try it out - I think they're called Sphynx and "something" Rex. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: Yes, I'm allergic to those little animals that live in dust and flour. And when I was little I was also allergic to insect bites - but it's better now. I only get swollen up sometimes when mosquitos bite me.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:40 PM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Spelca, LOL! Thanks for the tip, but I would prefer a slightly more "cuddly" cat...
The Rex and Sphynx varieties...errr how shall I put it... aren't really for me.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:47 PM   #13
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Spelca, LOL! Thanks for the tip, but I would prefer a slightly more "cuddly" cat...
The Rex cat could look cuddly... if you'd fatten it up a bit... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Though that wouldn't be good for the kitty. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 04:51 PM   #14
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Persil, yes the washing up powder [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 04:58 PM   #15
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
LOL I have to agree, the devon and cornish rex cats aren't the most attractive around, though they are cuddly, and the sphynx - well cats are for petting, and frankly if I wanted to pet skin I'd go get a human . But you know Mel, it depends what your boyfriend is actually allergic to regarding cats. My mother and brother both have had a lot of trouble with other people's cats and they assumed that it was the cat hair. But when we got Tuppence (she's a Russian blue, so LOTS of hair) they have had no trouble, and we think it's because what they were actually allergic to was the stuff cats get in their coats not the hair itself - pollen and grass seeds and such. Keeping a cat indoors can get rid of a lot of problems. Of course if he's allergic to cat saliva and such like some people that doesn't really help

Anyway I have what's referred to as hay fever; I get itchy runny eyes with pollen and such. Also I think I'm allergic to ant bites; whenever I've been bitten the site swells up hugely and stays red and itchy and swollen for many days.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #16
Lovisa
Manshoon

I'm allergic to hazelnut, Brazil nut and like nougat, some cats, maybe kiwi and pollens sometimes...kinda wierd. The Brazil nut is the most dangerous I would like die if I ate it... [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 05:42 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

I'm allergic to penicillin, aspirin and all related anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen because they give me breathing difficulties, and narcotics like codeine - that's not an allergy but an adverse reaction, they send me into a deep sleep but aren't life-threatening.

It's only medical stuff I'm allergic to, I can eat any food with no problem.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:03 PM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I'm allergic to coconuts ( I will go to toilet immediately ), prawns and snails ( My skin will itch a lot after eating them ).
Old 06-18-2003, 06:06 PM   #19
Stratos
Vampire

Low-income yielding work.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:27 PM   #20
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Yup! Seasonal allergies, dust, animal dander, etc. I also have the pleasure of an asthmatic reaction. My current meds are singulair, claritin, Advair, and the good old albuterol inhaler. The most recent combination of singulair and claritin seems to work wonders! Either one alone didn't do very well. Together they're great! Believe it or not, regular aerobic exercise (running) helps a lot too.