Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 09:37 AM   #11
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
like SF-Fandom, where spamming in our sense forced them to close "The Green Dragon," which was similar to the Cafe, but much, much spammier.
Reminds me of the ol' BGDungeon
Old 06-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #12
DameonRules
Manshoon

I konw what spam stands for
STUFF
POSING
AS
MEAT
Old 06-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #13
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
like SF-Fandom, where spamming in our sense forced them to close "The Green Dragon," which was similar to the Cafe, but much, much spammier.
Reminds me of the ol' BGDungeon [/QUOTE][img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Don't remind me. Not so much spam as it was internet excrement
Old 06-16-2003, 03:21 PM   #14
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Reminds me of the ol' BGDungeon [/QUOTE][img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Don't remind me. Not so much spam as it was internet excrement [/QUOTE]A shame in one respect, a humerous experience in another Why are you winking, what you said was true! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 06-16-2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 06-16-2003, 03:24 PM   #15
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It was a shame when it came to a close. I bookmarked it so I could go back and look at old waste time and again. Such a disappointment when a REAL thread turned up

And it's a nervous twitch, don't laugh [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 03:25 PM   #16
realbinky
Elminster

It actually stand for Specially Processed American Meat, or that is what I've heard. I looked on snopes, and they don't naysay it. The guy on that link doesn't even get it right.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:29 PM   #17
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
It was a shame when it came to a close. I bookmarked it so I could go back and look at old waste time and again. Such a disappointment when a REAL thread turned up

And it's a nervous twitch, don't laugh [img]tongue.gif[/img]
ROFL

Do you still have the bookmark, can you PM it to me if you do please? I want to relive the magical moments of "the downfall"

You should really have a doc take a look at that twitch I've got my own one, makes me smile a lot
Old 06-16-2003, 03:40 PM   #18
Faceman
Hathor

In addition to the excellent link from Willow's post.

SPAM is short for spiced ham and is a product of Hormel meat IIRC - just check company's statement considering the use of their product name

We do not object to use of this slang term to describe UCE, although we do object to the use of our product image in association with that term. Also, if the term is to be used, it should be used in all lower-case letters to distinguish it from our trademark SPAM, which should be used with all uppercase letters.

This slang term does not affect the strength of our trademark SPAM. In a Federal District Court case involving the famous trademark STAR WARS owned by LucasFilms, the Court ruled that the slang term used to refer to the Strategic Defense Initiative did not weaken the trademark and the Court refused to stop its use as a slang term. Other examples of famous trademarks having a different slang meaning include MICKEY MOUSE, to describe something as unsophisticated; TEFLON, used to describe President Reagan; and CADILLAC, used to denote something as being high quality.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:04 PM   #19
wellard
Dracolisk

My quest for the origin of [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] took me to the ends of the world where in deepest Patagonia in a small village called Kaltia, I stumbled upon an evil cult of cloud worshiping pagans. On studying the high priestess of spams artefacts I noticed some important ingredients. Beer of Johnny, with a touch of Attalus weather. On the alter was placed a grim looking willow stick, who knows what evil was perpetuated with such an object. Fearing for my life I left, melting into the shadows and focused on getting back to civilisation and letting the world know about this [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] cult. Maybe there are other brave Ironworkers out there who can shed more light on this cult?

[ 06-16-2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: wellard ]
Old 06-16-2003, 11:35 PM   #20
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I love SPAM, the food... Every few years I'll buy a can for fun.