Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 11:35 PM   #21
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I have one, and i never use it. Only times it's being used is when a few friends of mine are here. Someone gave it me as a birthdaypresent a couple of years ago.
Yeah but its still seen some usage tho
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 AM   #22
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

AFAIK, whether or not "water pipes" such as bongs are illegal is regulated at the state level. The legality changes from state to state. Pot doesn't become a federal issue unless it's a LOT or unless it's crossing state lines in trafficing. I don't thing paraphanelia is regulated at the federal level at all. Which is why head shops exist in some places quite legally -- so long as they're not doing other illegal things like selling the goods.

And, an online head shop is putting itself at the mercy of the laws of any state it transacts business in -- so that's how they get nicked.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #23
Charlie
Lord Ao

You can buy bongs, chopping and sniffing kits, weed grinders, no problem over here, nothing illegal in those items. Addicts can get syringes free of charge too.

The law as it stands in the US is crazy imho. Where do you draw the line at what is for drug use and what isn't? H users sometimes heat their gear up on a spoon with a match. Does that therefore make spoons and matches drug paraphanalia?

Surely if you're going to nick the bloke for owning a bong you need to nick the manafacturer/supplier of said bong (providing it's not home made). How about cigarette papers? Lots of people like to roll their own cigarettes, lots of people like to roll joints using the same cigarette papers. How can that be properly policed?

A crazy law imho....

EDIT...And I know at least half a dozen people that own bongs that are just for decoration.

Not this bloke though...

This'd give the US police a heart attack.

[ 05-15-2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #24
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hm.. there was an interesting show about an American growing Cannabis (I think it was Cannabis) for the Dutch government. [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img] He needs the stuff because some rare disease causes him to grow blind, and Cannabis is the only thing that can slow it down. He used to grow it in the good old US of A and spend several years in jail because of it. Fortunatly for him, he was hired to preform an experiment for my government...
Long live the Netherlands.. land of the free [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2003, 01:40 PM   #25
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Question Mark

Interestingly enough, many bongs are advertised and sold a incense-fog devices in the US. If you light incense and put it on top of a bong containing ice, apparently the incense smoke will fall into the bong and roll out of the stem, where it will drift over a table or some junk. It's tongue-in-cheek BS. Oh, and from what I hear it ruins the device regarding some of its... other... uses.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:55 PM   #26
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:

EDIT...And I know at least half a dozen people that own bongs that are just for decoration.

Not this bloke though...

This'd give the US police a heart attack.
ROFL

Jeeze louise!