Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 06:01 PM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

<---- A long time ago, in a game far, far away....

Sorry I couldn't post today from work, my network connection was down. The good news is, I made progress on the game !!!

fine print: spoilers ahead, if you're newer than I am. I think it's that one guy from Jersey. Yeah, you in the orange shirt. spoilers ahead.

OK, first things first: I LOVE THIS HORSE !!! (get yer mind outta the gutter!) I am forever spoiled because of this horse, and will piss-and-moan about it everytime I play IE games. I even restarted after 30 minutes of play because I forgot where I left her. I wnat my horse, dammit. Also, did y'all know she can RUN? There I was, clip-clopping along, wandering around looking for a FREAKIN' egg (I was on the wrong side of the river), and I accidentaly hit shift while trying to hit CTRL, and I was gallopping! Now, we gallop EVERYWHERE... LOL <--- CowboyDawg

OK, from last night: The crypt was fun, and it was nicely laid out, I thought. Not too hard, and it progressed well. The automap made it relatively easy to find where I was heading next. Y'all know how it ends up.

Then, I hit the Asylum area. The multiple levels made my automap useless. . So there I am, totally lost. I ended up just using the automap, and working my way up. CLEARED EVERY FLOOR. And I find the diseased dude, SCABBY (or something like that) As he talks about helping everyone, and curing the dead, I figure he needs my help to find a cure. Then , he says he's gonna kill everyone! The magic words. I attack, and he gives me somekind of disease. Little did I know, he killed me.

After he went down, I hit the lever, and dove down. I love the water passages. (hey, did y'all know the horse can SWIM?!? ) So, I'm swimming in circles, and I hear the rat-guy talkin to me. From there, it was easy to find the gold key he had mentione earlier.

With it, I find the ghost who talks about the Mavis sword, and take the vow. (Nice ring). THEN I SPEND 15 MINUTES TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT. It was while I drank a healing potion that I noticed that the disease was knocking down my FORT score!!!! SO, I re-start. (Tell me if that is permanent, or if the temple could have cured me)

This time, it went faster, and while finding the key, I see the lever. DOH !!!

Go to town, and sure enough, the snake bastard I met earlier killed Gallan. I'm gonna turn him into new boots.

Next: "I WANNA BE A RANGER, BABY !" <---- sung to Kid Rock's "Cowboy"

OK, this was time-consuming. The clues weren't very good, so I just follow the river with my horse. I even print the map from the IronWorks site (nice watermark, whoever made it!) With that, it was easy to see a clearing in the trees, and that's when I find that the horse can swin easily across the river. I'm even getting good at jumping off him to fight, then getting back on without missing a beat.

So, I'm a Ranger. Now, I know y'all have told me to try different roles and guilds, but is it possible to play the whole game as a ranger, or do I NEED to added spells and skills? EXAMPLE: In BGII, I solo-ed my Archer, and finished, but it was HARD. It made a lot of easy things tricky, but I was able to finish, even if I had to avoid certain side-quests. Can I do that here, or do I need to start checking the other roles?

Well, the mayor AND guildmaster told me to check out the Toad Village, (and so did a toad guy who gave me a word to say to someone) so I headed ther next. Right now, I'm sitting on my hirse, on a tiny island in the middle of the village, but it's night, and I'm waiting for the sun to come out. (This game is DARK)

I'm heading back in, as soon as I make something to eat...

Thanks for following the ADVENTURES OF RUDEDAWG !!!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-14-2001).]

RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #2
Marjan_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yep, I hate it when it's night time. And damn, why be a ranger? Like, you wont even change into an Assassin or that level? You'll be a ranger till the end???

mmm, good luck!
Marjan_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 06:48 PM   #3
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

LOL

Loved you post!!
wait intill you hit the next Lv

------------------

Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's of to play we go

T H A N K S
Eiz
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 07:15 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Dawg -

YOu can stay a ranger as long as you want!! Even longer than you want! Your choice!
You could have been cured at the temple but that costs $$$ and you might have lost some stat points by the time you got there (of course, I can do something about that).

I love the horse too!! I love riding across the shire following the dragon just to watch him fly!!! (Don't you wish your horse would come when you whistled??) LOL!!!!

Keep us updated!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 07:16 PM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Marjan_2:
yep, I hate it when it's night time. And damn, why be a ranger? Like, you wont even change into an Assassin or that level? You'll be a ranger till the end???

mmm, good luck!
I'm used to rangers, I've played them my entire PnP career...
Now, I can adapt, and if it's an impossible situation, I will add other roles, but I am going solo the first time through...

Thought everyone should know how stupid I am... TWICE, I saved over the game in bad spots, and I'm going to re-sart AGAIN!

Stay tuned, Be Back with more updates soon!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-14-2001, 07:28 PM   #6
Tananda
Elminster

RudeDawg,
Thanks for the post - it was a pleasure to read!
To be a ranger during all the game is quite possible (since there is not absolutly impossible situations for any role, I suppose), but it would be truly hard. So, please, keep telling about your ranger's jorney!

Wyvern,
I like the horse very much, too Wonderful creature, is not it?

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 07:36 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Tananda - noble creatures, horses!!!

And I like the game motion when riding! Almost makes you think you can feel the wind blowing through your hair! Adds a lot to the game!

Dawg - you're starting over again?? Rule one: Save, Save often, SAVE IN DIFFERENT SLOTS! LOL!!! ( I usually have about 4 save slots going for a game at a time and keep rotating them as needed!) No need to hope you have fun - you already are!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 07:53 PM   #8
Moni

You took your horse into the CRYPT and the ASYLUM?!
LMBO! I did not know that could be done!
(I always dismounted outside the door)

Moni
Old 05-14-2001, 07:57 PM   #9
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Tananda - noble creatures, horses!!!

And I like the game motion when riding! Almost makes you think you can feel the wind blowing through your hair! Adds a lot to the game!

Dawg - you're starting over again?? Rule one: Save, Save often, SAVE IN DIFFERENT SLOTS! LOL!!! ( I usually have about 4 save slots going for a game at a time and keep rotating them as needed!) No need to hope you have fun - you already are!

Wyv

LOL.... No, no, I mean yes, yes... I just hit the "revert game" option after I restarted the game. Took me back to the game JUST before I left for the toad village... I'm LEARNING ! SAVE OFTEN, SAVE EARLY.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-14-2001, 08:08 PM   #10
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
You took your horse into the CRYPT and the ASYLUM?!
LMBO! I did not know that could be done!
(I always dismounted outside the door)

Moni
LOL, No Moni...

Like you, I left him outside. I just remembered that I had him swimming as I was posting about the water passages...

I rode him up the river, swimming, to the TOAD village..

One question: When you invoke an anhk, is the result permanent?

and, now, a new song....

"I... AM...U-KA-BU !!" <---- sung to Ozzy's "Iron Man"

OK, I'm getting my arse KICKED by these poisoned dude's SWAMP GAS attack. (LOL, toadem. what a pun)

OH YEAH, BTW, did anyone else notice that ranged attacks SUX !!! I've always played a ranger-style archer, 'cuz they are the fantasy equivalent of a marine sniper. In BGII, my Archer was a tiny GOD. Here, I'm glad if I get a hit ! Then, I switch to swords ! PLEASE, tell me there are better bows than the crappy short bow I'm using, and better arrows than these Willow arrows I have...

OK, it's back to save the toads...
RudeDawg riding off, singing "I...AM...U-KA-BU !!!" at the top of his lungs...

------------------

The RudeDawg