Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 10:32 PM   #11
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I wish to state for the record that I have only threatened bodily harm to Caleb.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-17-2001, 10:34 PM   #12
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I just read it, AzureWolf... *sigh*

It sounds like everyone needs to back off and chill out for a little while. I had no idea everything had gotten so "hot."

You are right, you didn't deserve that.

I am totally chilled out. It takes a lot to get me angry but I think other people are not so calm and Caleb has offended them

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-17-2001, 10:50 PM   #13
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I see there is a new battle ground for Caleb....

But the bashing is probably still happening on MSN.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-17-2001, 10:55 PM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK my view.

Caleb, as I advised you before the stone dragon thing was a no-no. I was thinking of deleting the thread myself but Ziroc beat me to it. Spreading disinformation about the game and sending people off on wild goose chases and BRAGGING about it (ESPECIALLY this) is a big no-no. Anyway I’m not going to keep on repeating myself about that issue, I’ve said my 2c. As far as I’m concerned it’s dead and buried.

I would ask you to respect others’ rights if you are not adding anything useful to any of their threads except smartass oneliners. That’s essentially spamming their thread with useless info and acts as flamebait.

I also draw your attention to this definition of trolling on FOLDOC:

troll
An electronic mail message, Usenet posting or other (electronic) communication which is intentionally incorrect, but not overtly controversial (compare flame bait), or the act of sending such a message. Trolling aims to elicit an emotional reaction from those with a hair-trigger on the reply key. A really subtle troll makes some people lose their minds.

I’m not saying you’re a troll at all, but try to be careful with how you word your posts, especially in threads where people are trying to be serious.

PS There's no need for this thread IMHO - it's just more flamebait.

------------------
Old 05-17-2001, 10:58 PM   #15
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I say Azurewolf and Caleb fight it out right here...in character that is.

Everyone step right up. In the blue corner we have the offended Azurewolf with his fur ruffled, and in the Red corner we have "Caleb the Caustic". Now accepting bets.

Caustic? thats my uncles name. What the hell does it mean? Father Bronze I just thought the offended people could get their aggressions out here. Im not mad about anything cause im just having a good time but some people take my jokes as attacks on them. It wouldnt bother me if they flame me cause its all just text on a screen to me but if someone thinks they have been flamed BY me then I would rather they dont spread the negative vibes around the forum and just contain it to this thread.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-17-2001, 11:04 PM   #16
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
OK my view.

Caleb, as I advised you before the stone dragon thing was a no-no. I was thinking of deleting the thread myself but Ziroc beat me to it. Spreading disinformation about the game and sending people off on wild goose chases and BRAGGING about it (ESPECIALLY this) is a big no-no. Anyway I’m not going to keep on repeating myself about that issue, I’ve said my 2c. As far as I’m concerned it’s dead and buried.

I would ask you to respect others’ rights if you are not adding anything useful to any of their threads except smartass oneliners. That’s essentially spamming their thread with useless info and acts as flamebait.

I also draw your attention to this definition of trolling on FOLDOC:

troll
An electronic mail message, Usenet posting or other (electronic) communication which is intentionally incorrect, but not overtly controversial (compare flame bait), or the act of sending such a message. Trolling aims to elicit an emotional reaction from those with a hair-trigger on the reply key. A really subtle troll makes some people lose their minds.

I’m not saying you’re a troll at all, but try to be careful with how you word your posts, especially in threads where people are trying to be serious.

PS There's no need for this thread IMHO - it's just more flamebait.

A troll? hmmm. Thats a perfect idea memnoch! that will explain why I regenerate for the next person to kill me! EVERYONE KILL CALEB THE TROLL MONK!

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-17-2001, 11:05 PM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Caleb;
To which I replied

The throne of scone? is that like the chair for the king of biscuits?

and I even bumped for him

bumpage for the biscuit king
OMG Caleb! I have to admit I got the joke as soon as I read it and literally laughed out loud!
So sorry it had to be put in a "serious" thread and you got verbally spanked for it.
I find your sense of humor, on a mean side, funny as all hell, but then too, I know how old you are and I think it is OK.
Can I post here how hilarious the "haunt you" remark was in the Poll "Do You Believe In Life After Death?" ?
I guess you'll learn soon enough who will and who won't allow you to "be yourself" in threads they started.

In no way is this post intended to offend you BladeMaster! I like what I know of you and I only hope that you can step back and see it from a teenager's point of view and let it go.

Lesson learned and respect due you will be paid in the future RIGHT CALEB?

That goes for Azurewolf too even though I have not read your offensive remark in the Caleb use this thread. Sometimes you need to think before you let it fly
Feel free to post away in any of my threads, I can take or top anything you want to say.

Moni

------------------

Old 05-17-2001, 11:09 PM   #18
Moni

On an added note, what Memnoch said about trolling does apply so keep in mind what types of reactions you may get when you think of posting.

Moni

------------------

Old 05-17-2001, 11:10 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Moni wrote:
Quote:
Feel free to post away in any of my threads, I can take or top anything you want to say.
And she can, Caleb! That's our Princess!

Old 05-17-2001, 11:13 PM   #20
Moni

Moni

------------------