Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 04:54 AM   #1
lroyo

As you may know, I've been doing a movie review about once a week in this section. To be honest, I don't seem to be getting many responses at all (normally about 1). I'm not asking for sympathy here, I just want to know that people are actually reading them.
If no-one's reading them, I won't bother. If you're reading them but feel no need to reply, then please let me know so I can have a bit of self-assurance.

Just in case you missed some of them, I've most recently reviewed Signs, Amores Perros, Mulholland Drive and Blade II.

Please be honest. If my reviews stink, just tell me. I can take it.

Avi.

PS : Maybe no-one comes to this section.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:01 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Hi Aviendha!

This is the first time I've been to this forum. I know if you try to post threads about Books, Movies, or TV in GD you get slapped and told to post it this forum, but I don't think there is any traffic here at all. I just posted 2 threads and I doubt I'll get much response. I know I'd get more in General Discussions...oh well.

As for current films, I rarely go so there isn't much chance of me reading reviews of them. Nothing personal of course! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 07:34 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well I have read most of them, but not replied because I usually havn't seen the movie so I got nothing to add.
But I like them very much.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 11:02 AM   #4
Moni

I haven't read them only because I haven't seen the movies.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:56 PM   #5
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

I have read them but only post if I have seen them... Of course, for the new "in theatre now" type movies, my viewing waits until they are available on DVD since I do not like sitting in a crowded, sticky, crunchy, no pause for a snack, movie theatre, hoping that the giant, non-sloaching, humaniod that just entered does not want to sit in front of me.

Please do not give up on us yet!

PS: This is the first time in three weeks I have benn able to get on this web site. Not sure if the problem was on my end or with the site...
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 04:55 PM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Avi; dont stop posting them; I DO read them ya know, but if I havent seen the film, I cant really comment can I? when Ive seen a film, that uve reveiwed, I DO usually comment, ya know?
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 07:25 PM   #7
Lioness
Jack Burton

Avi, it's true the Books (and now movies and tv) forum is abysmally underpopulated. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just be thankful you weren't around when it was just books and there were new posts about once a week. It was pitiful.

I've read some of your reviews, they're good, I just don't read a review unless I've heard of the movie and am interested in it. [img]smile.gif[/img] And I don't reply unless I've seen it.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:29 AM   #8
lroyo

Thank you very much for responding to this post. I just needed some assurance that people were actually reading the reviews. I wish I could post them in GD to get some more exposure, but you get that. I guess I'll continue on my merry way.

Thanks again!

Avi.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:53 AM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I usually read them, but I tend not to reply unless I have something useful to add, some inner insight that wasn't (apparently) covered, or just a really fun part that got left out.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:23 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You know your time is not wasted, but now i have a question for you I seem to be the only one who saw amores perros and i asked you a question in that topic about the dogfights. You didn't reply to me.... am i wasting my time ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]