Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 02:01 AM   #1
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Hey ppl that Tree-Surfing Info was very useful but i'd Still like 2 know some things. I've been reading the story in the Gael Serran Library ( Which is actually quite good ) and i've been wondering. If the dwarf is only a barbarian how does it get into every guild and how could u afford everything?? 1 last thing. I've never gotten the Lance of the Lady and i cant remember the anything about the Kerah Sword. Plz Help me out here.......Again
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:53 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The first trick is called "guild hopping". If the stats of your barbarian are enough good, that means, the barbarian qualifies for a role, which is maintained in the given guild, then he can pretend that he is about to change role and join the guild.
a) Select "change role" into the needed role in the guild, which you are a memeber currently.
b) Now, you can join the new guild - even if you are only a "candidate" of the new role. Go there and join.
c) Cancel the training for the new role.
You are a member of a new guild.

Example - a barbarian. He can join Warriors and Thieves guild. He can reach other guilds by means of the guild hopping:
Mages Guild - use the Samurai role (Warriors guild).
Temple - use the Paladin role (Warriors Guild).
Bushi Dojo - use the Ninja role (Thieves Guild).
Note that the role used for guild hopping isn't lost for you. You can change role and cancel the change as many times as you want. The barbarian can become samurai later, even if he has already "changed" the role to samurai and then cancelled the change.

2. The second trick is a "feature" (a bug) of the unpatched game. You can gain as many gold as you want by sitting in the inn and passing the money from one character to another. See the "Best Tips" trait for details.
In a patched game, you will need to wait for the Fletchery trait. The trait duplicates arrows in the first of your quivers. It will also duplicate custom enchanted arrows.
First get the trait. Do it before you deliver the Dragon Arrow to Thorin. Now, get the quest and duplicate the Dragon Arrow during the delivery. Give one copy to Thorin (complete the quest) and keep the other Dragon Arrows. You will need one of them, you can sell the rest.
Next, invest all your money in enchanting your Dragon Arrow. This will boost the price of the arrow. Duplicate the enchanted arrow several times and sell all of them but one. Continue enchanting, duplicating, and selling. In the end, you will get an efficient source of money. Each Dragon Arrow enchanted 14 times for hit is 2.5 millions of gold [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Note: Enchant for hit. It's the most expensive enchanting, which can be placed on the arrow as many times as you want.

3. Lance of the Lady. Can be found only in the Pyramid. It seems to be terrific but it isn't. It has no toughen stat so that you have to lose at least 3 enchantments for toughening it. The result is that there are other weapons, which are better.
Only a Valkyrie can equip the lance.

Sword of Kerah. It is given to you by Kerah at the very end of the game if you decide to give the Mavin Sword to Anephas. It cannot be enchanted but it contains the Angel Guardian trait. Therefore, useless as a weapon but it can give the trait to all members of your party (by recycling the sword through a shop).
Only a character that can equip swords can equip Sword of Kerah (and get the trait).
Old 11-08-2004, 04:20 AM   #3
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Hey thankx Radek thats y i nvr saw them coz i have never finished the game. Cet just appears says 2 sentences and throws firebombs at me and nothing does damage but neway i have yet ANOTHER post for every1 .
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Old 11-08-2004, 06:53 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:
Hey thankx Radek thats y i nvr saw them coz i have never finished the game. Cet just appears says 2 sentences and throws firebombs at me and nothing does damage but neway i have yet ANOTHER post for every1 .
Pay close attention to what Anephas tells you when you raise him from the ashes - he tells you what you need to do to be able to damage/defeat Cet! Without that information, you can't even hurt Cet.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:00 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Well actually I used a hacking program to get more money. These days that can also be done using the roster editor. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There is also another approach for getting money, besides the inn trick and fletchery. It's called arbitrage, and it takes advantage of the fact that some things are worth more to some people than to others. Magical arrows, for example, are not worth a whole lot in the back rooms of the warriors guild or bushi dojo. But take a bunch of 'em out front, to the main shop, and their value goes up tremendously. You just get paid for transporting 'em from one room to another [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, if you buy a +1 Willow Arrow in the warrior guild, you pay some 500 GP for it. If you sell it in the front, you'll get paid 750 GP or thereabouts. Keep walking from back to front and back again, and your money troubles will be over.

And thanks for the comments on the Gael Serran Library. Radek, I'm still looking for Tia's adventures to make it in there...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #7
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Hum... also another popular is the Fletchery skill + some enchanted Taketsu (sp?) arrows....... they sell for a bit less than the ridiculous Dragon arrows that tell me that I can no longer carry gold if I sell more than like 3 of them....

[ 11-08-2004, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: So So ]
Old 11-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If you're getting told that, So So, you have too much inventory. Seriously!

One moneybag can hold up to ten million GP. If you have 11 million, you will generally have one moneybag with 10 million and a second with 1 million. If you don't have an available inventory slot, though, you can't get that second moneybag.

So either transfer all the gold to someone else, or sell something and free up some space [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:33 AM   #9
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Hey thx ppl but Bungleau what do u mean by the main shop??

[ 11-11-2004, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
Old 11-11-2004, 06:57 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:
Hey thx ppl but Bungleau what do u mean by the main shop??
Bungleau will correct me if I'm wrong - but the

"main shop" would be the normal shop - not the "GUILD member" shop. When you enter into the armory (or elsewhere) your shopping options are in that "main shop" to get to the "GUILD member" shop you need to click on an additional button.

Hope that made sense to you.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote