Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 05:08 AM   #1
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, im a bit bored of the game right now, and id like to play an evil party (ive never played one). The NPCs are pretty obvious: Korgan, Vic, Edwin, Valen, Jan Jansen (later Solaufein). Ill have to kick one when i get to ToB to get that guy, but well, ill decide when i get there.

The thing is, id like to play something new and funny as main character. I was gonna play kensai dualed to mage which ive never tried, but i think its too common. I also thought about trying a bard, but i really dont like much the kits.

Does anyone have a suggestion ? Weird combos welcome

PS: I forgot to ask, which race do i have to be to romance Viconia ? Human or half elf right ?
PS2: I heard Valen is too overpowered, if so id have to be the thief and pick another NPC

[ 03-24-2003, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Ertai_OHF ]
Old 03-24-2003, 05:22 AM   #2
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Try Anti-Paladin, even better - dual him at level 13 to mage.

I also took Edwin, Valen and Sola.
Just finished SOA with Tactics and Insane.

I was afraid that AP's Thaco would be too high but he was doing OK.
We'll see what happens in TOB though.

Dispelling PFMW and those annoying fireshields rules !
Old 03-24-2003, 05:31 AM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Im not playing with tactics mod, though i could install anti paladin kit... but i think its overpowered, that dispel thing is too much. Another option would be that fighter archer kit... ive always wanted to play an archer, but they have to be good... with this kit that problem is gone.

Also has anyone played something like a swashbuckler dualed to mage ? or to cleric ?

I wanna have fun
Old 03-24-2003, 05:34 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Wizard Slayer -> Mage [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:39 AM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

1. Just to clear something up really quick, Solaufein isn't evil, he's chaotic good.
2. I think you can dual a Monk/Barbarian, supposed to be pretty powerful.
3. You have to be Human/Half-Elf to romance Viconia, but you can be any race to romance Aerie, Jaheira, or Viconia if you have the Ease-of-Use Mod.
4. Valen isn't very powerful, not unless you know what you're doing. In the daytime, she'll be inflicted by a status effect called Blighted by the Sun. This will have the effect of Blindness and Enfeeblement on her. The only overly powerful thing about her is her ability to drain an enemies' levels which comes in handy.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:45 AM   #6
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

About Sola, i heard that if youre evil he is Chaotic Neutral, that should be enough.
And im pretty sure monks cant be dualed.

I heard the kensai -> thief is cool
SPOILER ABOUT ToB HLAs
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Because he can use armor and Carsomyr when he gets use any item... but until then, i think id pretty much be a naked thief who couldnt go into fight... and as im planning to play with 6 chars all the time (last time i played with 4 they got too powerful too soon, no fun), i wont get the UAI until i come from Underdark or so.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:36 AM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
1. Just to clear something up really quick, Solaufein isn't evil, he's chaotic good.
Or Chaotic Neutral, in case Player1 is Evil.

Quote:
2. I think you can dual a Monk/Barbarian, supposed to be pretty powerful.
You can't. Check Six's site for details about Dual Classing... and everything else.

Quote:
4. Valen isn't very powerful, not unless you know what you're doing. In the daytime, she'll be inflicted by a status effect called Blighted by the Sun.
But since dungeons are cosidered as "indoors" areas...

Valen IS very powerful. She has quite a few natural immunities, a powerful armor, natural speed, claws, etc... however, she also has several handicapping disadvantages. She's fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:38 AM   #8
Maximus67

I like the Archer class, they get very powerful later on.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:46 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Viconia is a Cleric
Edwin is a Conjurer
Jan is a Illusionist/Thief
Korgan is a Berserker
ToB NPC is a Fighter

Ergo... we have enough Mages, Clerics, Thieves and Tank powers.

Er... the only thing that seems missing is an archer( not Archer, archer). A Wizard Slayer using Longbows/Shortbows?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 07:20 AM   #10
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

Er... the only thing that seems missing is an archer( not Archer, archer). A Wizard Slayer using Longbows/Shortbows?
Aaargh - that is very BAD idea.

Some Axes or Spears also ?

(grabs a pen and paper and starts planning a very bad party ...)