Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Should we start an IW guild in various MMORPG games? I would heartily recommend doing so, maybe all IW players could try out playin on 1 server in say WoW or EQ, then joining an IW guild for mutual support and whatnot.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

We should shouldn't we. I thought of the idea, but we'd need to have everything organized first. That and some people don't want to lose their high level character on realm and switch over to another realm just to start over.

Basically, it should have (and was attempted) prior to the release of both these games.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

One thing I've come to notice Here at IW is most members are students and cant afford to play WOW and EverQuest's monthly Fees so may I suggest That we get interested in the newest of all MMOG called Guild Wars. The game will be free to play on line without any monthly fees, all you need is the main game and expansions that will come every 4 to 6 months with new Quests and lands to explore.
It you don't wish to do any selected expansion you can just over look it and only buy the expansions you want to play or just play and finish all the side quests that come with the main game which is suspose to have upwards of 350 hrs of game play. There will also be free expansions and content offered.
Remember this is not a Put down on WOW or EQ just another MMOG that is in need of a Guild.
We can set up teams that are inter-change-able so If one healer can't show up on one day maybe another can or when 15 of us show up at the same time we can work different areas and then divey up our treasures,Weapons and armor found. Then sell the rest and place the money in the Bank and each team can use what they need for better armor and weapons.
One good thing is that when you switch teams in Guild wars you don't loose rank moneys weapons or skill points. the only way you can loose anything is if you start over. So you can go from one guild to another when ever you want. Also you can save a copy of your PC at anytime so that if you do Die without anyone around to reserect you, You won't have to start all over again.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:59 AM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

That Guild Wars sounds pretty cool. It's out 4th February 2005 (says GAME, a UK shop).

Price: £TBC

Any idea what that means?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:12 AM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

TBC= To be confirmed I think.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:26 AM   #6
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Ahhhh, ok thanks dplax [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 07:50 AM   #7
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Yeh but Game's never very reliable for release dates. Have a look on Amazon or on the game's website.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote