Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 11:53 AM   #1
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Has anyone done it? Legitimately that is, no cheesy trap tactics.

I've tried dozens of times with my Sorcerer, and have only been able to get him down to badly wounded.

I'm interested in any tactics or advice everyone has.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 04:05 PM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I haven't but you might try this:

use a spell sequencer on the demon to castierce magic, lower resistance, lower resistanc.

Summon a couple of fire elementals to keep the maraliths busy (also they are immune to fire damage).

use another spell sequencer type for several firballs directed on the demon.

prob. another pierce magic and more assualt magic on the demon.

use a monster summoning wand (it is fast) to play w/ the maraliths and a breach on each maralith (have more lower resistance spells ready).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 04:10 PM   #3
trux

That's a difficult task indeed.

I would first try setting up a chain contingency to fire out all my most powerful summoning spells - let the summoned monsters deal with the marileths and other demons Demogorgon conjures, and focus all your energy on Demogorgon.

I would set up some spell triggers and spell sequencers to:

1. Eradicate his spell defenses...pierce shields, warding whips, ruby rays, pierce magics and breaches.

2. Lower his resistance with three consecutive lower resistances.

3. Then some more conjured creatures to distract Demogorgon (maybe a Mordenkainen's sword and a few nishruus or something,) while you unleash your most powerful magics on him. Dragon's breaths, comets, abi dazims (it shouldn't affect you too much if you cast prot. from magical energy on yourself beforehand,) and other mass-damaging spells.

Sounds like you have quite a fight on your hands. I'd be interested to know how it goes so keep us informed.

------------------
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 05:40 PM   #4
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

cntrl y. Otherwise, you take the advice already given.
Old 07-21-2001, 05:51 PM   #5
Kitka
Dungeon Master

a chain contingency "see enemy" on a cleric mage could unleash 3 bolts of glory, possibly a good start. maybe "last hit by" could be more specific. sequenced "doom" spells would raise his saving throws by 2 for each spell, a cast time of one, no save... you would need to be very high in level, but other cleric quest spells would be great, along with summoned deva or planetar.... those globe of blades/flaming aura spells deal some good damage. spell trigger could hold lower resist/lower resist/feeblemind. critically, look for spells that deal high damage with no save or low save.. bring in some high level items from soa, such as ring of kangaxx, staves of magi, and summon elemental(fire is unlimited charges in the same battle, very handy) havent tried yet but soon.. soon.

Kitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 03:59 PM   #6
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I think you could probably take it out fairly quicky (well you'd need to), the problem is getting rid of his helpers once you've used up all your decent spells.
Staralfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 08:28 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

A guy over at the blackisle studios board did it, he said the trick was mordairakens sword.

------------------
jabidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 08:33 PM   #8
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
A guy over at the blackisle studios board did it, he said the trick was mordairakens sword.

Must have had to summon a buttload of them, as the Maraliths (sp) constantly charm them...

------------------

Old 07-22-2001, 08:37 PM   #9
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Dont ask me heres something you might try, run up the stairs project image, use the image to do improved acuity and summon 5 planetars, get the image killed and you will still have all your ninth level spells, you could do it repeatedly, in the last fight I did this constantly.

------------------
jabidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 01:35 AM   #10
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Dont ask me heres something you might try, run up the stairs project image, use the image to do improved acuity and summon 5 planetars, get the image killed and you will still have all your ninth level spells, you could do it repeatedly, in the last fight I did this constantly.

I pretty much do that. I use Similacrums and have them cast Similacrum, and have them all summon and improved haste the summons while my real character removes his protections, lowers resists, etc.

I'll keep trying!

------------------