Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2001, 01:35 PM   #1
EyeOfHorus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm near the end of my campaign, however before I fight that final battle, I want to get some more XP for a paladin who joined the party pretty late. I know one way to do this is fight the blue myconoids and ettins in the top level of dorn's. That's fine, but it's going to take forever. does anyone know of any other ways to fight stuff and build up XP?
Old 11-15-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Load Dalekeeper, its a cheat but then its a lot easier than waiting on Ettin encounters
Old 11-26-2001, 01:40 PM   #3
moocow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Agreed...use the cheats...IF you really feel you need the experience...no reason to go through a 1000 recursions of the Ettins encounter.
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:27 PM   #4
Debaser

yeah, just boost them up to the XP cap right before the final fight, i say. it's like, they're not going to be played after that anyway, you know? unless you feel that each of them being the most full-fledged badasses they could possibly be for the final encounter would be considered cheating. i, personally, would do it.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:54 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I like to stay at Dragon's Eye and fight Cold Wights. My characters are normally at lvl 14-17 when I'm through with them. I just rest, kill some cold wights, rest again, kill more cold wights. They're relatively harmless and give you 1400XP a pop.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:30 AM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Lifetime,

That's what I was doing in Dale of Shadows--rest and more giants keep waking you up! Now I don't know about you, but I get very cranky when I am constantly awakened! I come up a'fightin'! Good xp.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:25 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you want to boost the xp from the Ettins and blue Myconids, try switching to Heart of Fury mode and fight them on THAT. That will substantially boost the xp the you gain from them.

An alternative, but VERY Cheesy way to gain a lot of xp fast is to do the following (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):

(1) Save your current game
(2) Export your characters
(3) Start a NEW game of HOW on Heart of Fury mode (assuming you have it installed)and only import ONE of your exported characters
(5) Run thru the opening quests up to and including the initial encounter with the barbarians (BE CAREFUL - as only HIGH charisma characters can talk their way OUT of the combat at the end)
(6) Export THAT character
(7) repeat steps 3 to 6 with each of the characters you want to boost

In HOF mode, the quest xp is increased considerably and you can gain a couple of million xp for each character doing this. But it IS cheesy.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 12:02 PM   #8
Debaser

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:

An alternative, but VERY Cheesy way to gain a lot of xp fast is to do the following (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):

(1) Save your current game
(2) Export your characters
(3) Start a NEW game of HOW on Heart of Fury mode (assuming you have it installed)and only import ONE of your exported characters
(5) Run thru the opening quests up to and including the initial encounter with the barbarians (BE CAREFUL - as only HIGH charisma characters can talk their way OUT of the combat at the end)
(6) Export THAT character
(7) repeat steps 3 to 6 with each of the characters you want to boost

In HOF mode, the quest xp is increased considerably and you can gain a couple of million xp for each character doing this. But it IS cheesy.

i mean, sh*t, man! [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] if you're going to go to all that trouble to be cheesy, why not just take the obvious cheesy shortcut and just use the console or dalekeeper to give them a little boost...then again i guess maybe you "earn" the xp a little bit more than just straight up adding it. i would take the shortcut, personally