Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2001, 07:01 PM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Man! Growing up is overrateed! Bills, responsibilities and booring times.. Loose friends get new acqaitancies and talking sport at work and play a charade every day.. Go up in the morning nmuttering and cursing the alarm clock..
You get stuck in rush hour trafic, making obscene getures at other and cursing traffic..
Come to work and start with a big lie.. -Good morning everyone..

Nah.. Keep that inner child close at hand, you will be a more interesting person if you do and well, take adult and seniority bit by bit..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 07-20-2001, 09:31 AM   #12
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Wow, that is small...my school is K-8 and has 240 kids, and i know we are small, but that is really small. Do you like having a smll high school?

I don't really mind it that much. I could move to an entirely new highschool my senior year, and have absolutely no friends whatsoever, but I've decided against that. (For obvious reasons.) Besides since there are only twelve of us we're all close. There are no outcasts in our class. Everyone has a least *one* friends in there.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-20-2001, 04:42 PM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

When you're 16 or 17, you have no idea what you want to do. Heck, I've seen people in their 30's that don't know what they want to do!

I'm 64 and I still don't know....

------------------

Old 07-20-2001, 04:50 PM   #14
trux

I got all that same crap when I was a senior in high school too (well, I guess everyone does.) I really didn't care too much what happened after high school, and I didn't want to worry myself with it. Four years later I'm in college and it's cool, but lots of my friends did other stuff and that's cool too.

Don't let this stuff overwhelm you. You don't have to immediately leave the doors of your high school for the campus of a college, and you don't have to immediately get the job that you're gonna keep for the rest of your life. Explore options and do it at your own pace...and tell everyone who doesn't like it to kiss your arse.

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-20-2001, 05:21 PM   #15
Sorcerer Alex

Gosh Redblue I know exactly what you sayin. I'm gonna be a senior in September and everyone is askin me exactly the same stuff. It's drivin me nuts and worrying me at the same time 'Alex, what you gonna study?', 'Alex, you haven't got much time left to decide...', 'Alex, why don't you be a doctor or a lawyer?' Aaaaargh!

Old 07-20-2001, 05:51 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Man! Growing up is overrateed! Bills, responsibilities and booring times.. Loose friends get new acqaitancies and talking sport at work and play a charade every day.. Go up in the morning nmuttering and cursing the alarm clock..
You get stuck in rush hour trafic, making obscene getures at other and cursing traffic..
Come to work and start with a big lie.. -Good morning everyone..
Oh, man, Wolfgir!! That's BLEAK!! I hope your job really isn't that bad!

I guess I'm fortunate...I live within 4 miles of my work, not too bad traffic in the morning, and I enjoy what I do and who I work with. Teaching does have its benefits. I've never played the "trained monkey in the suit" game in the corporate world, and hope I never have to...at my age, that's probably a moot point right now.

Aye, listen to him, RBF...don't let go of your dreams, whatever you do, lad! Rarely do people die with their last words being, "I wish I had worked more."