Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 02:35 PM   #1
liz76love
Dungeon Master

Hi
my fiance's birthday is coming soon. I have no idea what to get him. he likes car games and some rpgs to but they have to betop of the line and he already has one hes in to. I usually get him clothes. he says he doesnt need them but by the looks of his wardrob he does there all stained and ripped. He doesnt wear jewlery and I have already got him a watch. any ideas? im on a low budget too.
thanks
e
Old 08-04-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Get him a few cases of beer, if he doesn't want them, you could always sent them to me.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:48 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Baldur`s Gate,Planscape:Torment,Need For Speed:Hot Pursiut,...anything...
A kiss.

Edit:johnny not everybody is such a beer lover like you.

[ 08-04-2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 08-04-2003, 04:05 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

The Simpson's second season on DVD. Everyone's prefered gift. Or any of the first 3 seasons of the Sopranos on DVD. Good stuff. Almost everyone likes the simpsons, and IMHO the second season is light years better than the first.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:29 PM   #5
GForce

liz ... don't get him games because then he won't have time with you. I know. That guy sounds like me; dislikes jewelry, can't wear watch, etc. Get him something he WILL use. Most guys like things that they can actually use .. and break. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Like some og the other posters said, the simple presents are the best: a kiss and a date is super (IMO); ah! a DVD is also good (find out what he likes); or just be there and spend some time with him (my favorite). Money isn't everything. Hope that helps.

Old 08-04-2003, 04:43 PM   #6
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I could suggest some really inventive things but Z wouldn't like it if I were to talk kinky in the GD. After all this is a family forum.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:43 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Get some clothes for him, but as hinted in the above post, get some clothes *cough* for you [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] I'm sure it will take his mind of the computer for a while [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 08-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Truth to be told, I am also a picky person. I can stand in the mall for hours deciding over two shirts. I am extremely hard to shop for. But, when it comes to romance, that is the ticket! The best gifts my wife got for me before we were married and shortly after were more sentimental and less materialistic. The memories are what last the most. If you could plan a special date or event with him. That is what I would prefer my wife do for me, and that is because I know that if she buys me something, it will probably not be perfect and all that. This is what I would like...

1. Come home from work and be told to get into my best shirt because we are going out to dine.
2. The "place to dine" would be the most fabulous steak house I had ever been to.
3. Afterward...she tells me that she wants to take me to the mall to pick up something.
4. We get to the mall, thinking I am going to get a shirt of my choice, but then she takes me straight up to Godiva Chocolates to pick out a small box of four of my favorites.
5. Loving the evening so far, she then tops it off by saying that my real present is at home.
6. Come home to find that she has bought a DVD that I had been wanting, and we watch it together.
7. She asks me if I am hungry for a snack, and I say "sure". She then produces a homemade Triple-layer cheesecake that she had made for me in secret and hidden in the fridge until the right time.

That was just off the top of my head, but I am sure you can do better than that. Don't put is past us men to like romance and being babied. We don't always have to have a dumb shirt.