Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2003, 04:07 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

That's not a prison, Sir Kenyth - that's a joke! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Who was responsible for setting that rolling circus up? And why haven't they been charged with negligence and incompetence then? It's prisons like that which give prisons a bad name!

Old 01-14-2003, 05:34 AM   #22
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
That sounds like a joke to me. 1 guard with no weapons and 140 inmates and no bars between them. Errr riiiiight. I can be guillable sometimes but even I don't believe that.
I agree... Unless this is the exception to the rule, I don't buy it. Your brother probably exaggerated, made it sound worse than it really is.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:37 AM   #23
Grungi
Banned User

you think thats bad, try some south african prisons, with the numbers gangs etc, new prisoners ALWAYS get raped by the gangs on their first night in, more officers than not are murdered or attacked if they upset the inmates. If you stand up to the gangs you get killed, no messing around just knifed within the same day more often than not. Saw a program on it, was unbeliveable the way they lived, even in front of the cameras they were happy to beat other inmates up, safe in the knowledge that if the prison officers tried to stop em they'd be killed!

you realise how humane western prisons are in comparison.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:20 AM   #24
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hunter of J: sorry if I posted without reading the entirety of your post.

Hey, at least when you keep that many prisoners together they kill each other off. Plus, you then get to convict the murderers of the in-prison murders. So, I guess once you're in there's no way out. Plus, if you do get out, the only thing you learned while you were in was how to break more laws. Sheesh... what a situation.

BTW, if we're going to throw South African prisons into the discussion and expand our horizons, let's discuss "mob mentality" generally. As an example, the Russian army, for about 5 years after the breakup of the USSR (when the $$$ ran out) had no bullets, but averaged 2 men-per-day dead as a result of hazing. Sorry, I think I'm [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] It's early [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #25
Grungi
Banned User

well least i was marginally on topic [img]tongue.gif[/img] dunno what russian soldiers have to do with it [img]tongue.gif[/img] , im sure theres a tenuous link somewhere , heh ah well carry on, noone else is using this thread now [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 10:45 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

It is a medium security prison so I doubt they get murderers there.

They're not all bad, they're just looking for a bit of company! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have a look at the third one down:

Interests: relationship with Christ, sporting activities, serving the needy, remodeling homes.

Don't respond without first praying and obeying his voice. I don't want money.

[ 01-14-2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-14-2003, 10:53 AM   #27
Grungi
Banned User

hehe psy-cho

i love surfing those prison-ladies type sites, v.funny [img]smile.gif[/img] some really good looking and interesting women but you cant help wondering a) what they are in for and b) their state of mind , bit of a put off if you ask me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 11:01 AM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

Aaaah! This is nice.. The warden and the criminal get to sing harmony at the weekends. There is hope for the world.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

Of course prison life in Indiana's prisons isn't all fun.

"Disciplinary action for improper relations was taken most frequently at Rockville Correctional Facility, a western Indiana prison that houses about 700 female inmates. Twenty-four actions in 2000 and 2001 involved improper relations, according to the Department of Correction.

The Westville Correctional Facility, home to 2,700 male offenders, was second with 22 cases. Eight were for improper relationships, and one was for sexual contact, state documents show.

Concerns about coercion were raised after allegations surfaced in late May that guards at the Indiana Women's Prison in Indianapolis intimidated prisoners into having sex with them.

Three male correctional officers, all charged July 23 with felony sexual misconduct, forced female inmates to a basement-level chapel, where at least two women were forced into sexual contacts against their will, the Marion County prosecutor's office contends.

One of the officers used a latex glove as a condom on an inmate, according to court documents, and also demanded she perform oral sex."
Old 01-14-2003, 11:05 AM   #30
Grungi
Banned User

thats without a doubt the scariest thing i seen so far this week

"would you go to a play hosted by these gentlemen?" hehe any prisoners watching that would end up hanging emselves methinks