Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2003, 05:38 PM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's the BAB that is getting you. Your BASE BAB must be 6, not your modified BAB. Look further down on your character sheet, below the modified attack bonuses and you'll find the unmodified BAB there.

You need some more fighter levels. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Crimsonblade - i don't understand your comment about the consequences of NOT starting with a level 1 mage. It shouldn't make any difference if you start with an elf for xp purposes or even a half elf for that matter. Unless there is a bug in the game, you can add that level of mage in anytime as long as you reach the required stats. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 05:40 PM   #12
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

I'm guessing from some replies that you can't get arcane class until level 11?
Old 07-20-2003, 05:48 PM   #13
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Not true. You SHOULD be able to get an arcane archer as early as 7th level using a ranger of fighter 6 plus one level of wizard assuming all of the other prerequisites are met.

The comments about building a ranger 9 / wizard 1 / arcane archer 10 are for the final level 20 character.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:44 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I got Arcane Archer at lvl 8, he is currently, fighter 6, Wizard 1, Arcane Archer 8, had to go check, as he is in a server vault, and has yet to be exported from there. My bard got it at lvl 8 as well, not sure on the Arcane Archer lvl, but will finish as Bard 10, Arcane Archer 10, and he is a pretty good char to play. Beat the tower dragon with him, eventually. LOL, killed it with a seeker arrow. Oh the songs I'll write about that, and where was Deekin. Asleep somewhere, probably. Don't forget the alignment restriction, must be any good alignment.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #15
Jedimaster
Dungeon Master

If you use a Bard you can go Bard10/AA10
I am a Trekker I like Simcity 2000, Star Trek,<br /> Star Wars, Science Fiction books, movies and TV shows.<br />My web address is [url]\"http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10</a> <br />My email address is m.nelson10 at comcast.net
Jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 10:08 PM   #16
koconnor100
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowolf03:
I'm starting a new Half Elf Ranger character to try out the SOU Arcane Archer class.

Should i get Zen ARchery? meaning that i can use Wisdom to guide my arrows rather than dexterity?
Any other help or ideas?
Zen archery is for paladins and Clerics.

REason ? You'r wisdom will never pass 14 as a ranger (no benifits after that) but your dex will. Use the dex instead, which is automatic, no feat required.

Paladins and clerics wear the heaviest armor around, which means dex is useless for them. So they probably didn't take more than 10 dex anyways.

But a Paladin should have 14 wis (to get the 4th level paladin spells) so zen archery is great for him. And a Cleric of course, has 15 wis minimum , and it's constantly climbing up toward 19 wis so he can cast 9th level spells.... zen archery is great for these two classes.

Rangers, With their 12 or 14 dex, and a cats grace spell to add 1d4+1 dex on top of that, forget it. Stick with dex affecting your bow, not wisdom.