Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2001, 01:59 PM   #1
riddik

all you have to do is either use the scroll toughen in yourself or cast it on you as many times as you want then walk into a town. thats all the points toughen added on are still there and the little icon on your portrait goes away. reply and tell me if it works for all of ya'll to cause it works on mine.thx
Old 01-15-2001, 02:01 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Verrrrrrry interesting! Will give it a try!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 02:05 PM   #3
Gauleiter

They always go away for me when I leave town...

Side note on towns: Any spells you cast on yourself go away when you enter town, and your mana recharges full -- useful trick if you're in a fight near a town and need some quick & free mana.
Old 01-15-2001, 03:03 PM   #4
Gregg

This trick worked well for me saveral times over. I have since applied the patch and I don't know if this only works prior to the patch of not. Give it a whirl, it works!

Gatread
Old 01-15-2001, 03:26 PM   #5
Strider
Welcomed New User

Seems it must only work for ones without the patch.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 03:54 PM   #6
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

hi

the patch took this secr..er I mean bug out of the game. Another way of course, is to use the Jinni in the magic lamp of Aliblabba and get the 25HP bonus, I only got it once for my pixie, and for a pixie, this is a great boon!

Anyone tried getting it more? I didnt cheat on hp things....it really imbalances the game. just be patient with getting levesl and you will get all you need.

scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 05:31 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Checked this hint out today - I'm playing without the patch and without the patch the hit points go up and stay that way.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 10:20 PM   #8
Thorny

This only works until you install the patch.

Of course, if you use this "bug" to boost up hit points, you will be doomed to getting only 1 point per level up for the rest of the game because of the way the game averages hit points depending on current class, fortitude and level.

You can sometimes get a big boost by changing classes eg. Wizard with 40 HP switches to Barbarian, levels up quickly and starts getting large hit point gains at about level 5. Once you're satisfied with the hit points you can switch to Warlock for more spells.
Old 01-16-2001, 12:19 AM   #9
Indiglo

What form of magic is Toughin under?
Old 01-16-2001, 03:51 AM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Indiglo: The spell "Toughen" is 4th level Vine. Priests and Rangers can cast it, and Warlocks if they had Vine magic before they ascended.

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote