Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 09:43 PM   #1
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello everyone-

Hey question on these dragon sphere thingies. OK, I killed the Yuan-Ti people making the things then took the sphere and put it on the pedestal, giving me a complete dragon sphere. How do I make it bad? I've read about giving Klauth the bad one and making him easier to kill (since he waxed me without doing so). How do I accomplish getting a complete dragon sphere to be a "bad" one?
ccannon995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

cc, it has been awhile but I believe you can *Spoiler*

...kill a less powerful dragon that you come across before you get to Klauth. Capture the dead essence, put it is the egg sphere and then offer it to the mighty "K."
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 12:00 AM   #3
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I believe you should talk to the "gold standard".
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 01:43 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Go about creating the sphere, but instead of using the live dragon, kill it first, the old-fashioned way. Then make the sphere with its corpse right there and it should work.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:29 AM   #5
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Just to add, the dragon should be the blue one in the same room where you find the sphere. You might it a little difficult, I know it took me a few tries, but it definitely beats killing Klauth and full power...even with the weakening sphere he's damn hard!

After killing the dragon just place the sphere on the pedestal and the corpse will be absorbed instead. I think you have to make sure the corpse is in the designated area...
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #6
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ummm, great. Say, just for fun, that I already made the "good" sphere and whimpy blue dragon is no longer there. . . hmmmmm. Any good ideas? Besides just fighting straight out since I got creamed last time (I went through around 60 Cure critical potions and 2 transports back just to get Klauth badly wounded). I hate to just bail on this sidequest. . .
Old 03-28-2004, 04:04 PM   #7
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Ah, you want to kill him...at full health...and I'm assuming you don't have a save file before the sphere is made?

I can only recommend any armour/equipment that has fire resistance (though I'm not even sure if it does protect you from his breath weapon) and a hell of a lot of boosters. Maybe Daelen with you as a henchman instead of anyone else you have...I'm really sorry, other than that I cannot help you.
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:03 PM   #8
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, here's the ending of the story - not that anyone is probably interested! Either I forgot where I had saved or the computer helped me out because I went back and the smaller dragon was there and I made the bad sphere. All's well that ends well. .. thanks everyone, and I'll talk to you soon, I'm sure
Old 03-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
Tyrion
Quintesson

I did it weakening him with the sphere...he went down in two seconds with my arcane archer with ice arrows! Piece of Cake!
Old 03-06-2006, 05:37 AM   #10
Stratos
Vampire

I defeated Klauth the first time around with a Monk, and without using the sphere. Greater Swordsman belt ( 20/- slashing resistance ), some fire resistance items and potions of Heal helps alot. Despite that, I eventually had to kill him by standing on the bridge over the lava where he couldn't reach me and chucked shurikens at him.