Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 09:18 PM   #1
Durwyn
Elminster

Well, to be honest with ya, I've grew up playing HoMMI and HoMMII, about 2 years ago I was heavily into HoMMIII hehe. And now, a new and very improved HoMM is coming out! HoMMIV. Trust me, if you like D&D or IWD or BG, you will love HoMM! Any of it, but HoMMIV has new improved interface, graphics, monsters, everything. It actually includes quite a big RPG factor in it as well. I mean you see yourself as a Horsemen on a miniature map, you ride around, you have run points, when you run out of run points you'll need to rest to get them again. And whenever you battle, the game switches to something like IWD or BG, where you see your troops from the top-sided view. And they also have run points, and you take turns hitting your enemy. So its very similar to BG and 3rd Edition D&D Rules. If you played Pool of Radiance (bleh) you'll know how the battles go.

So does anyone else here like HoMM or planning to get HoMMIV?
Old 01-08-2002, 10:13 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Back in early '01 it was supposed to be ready for the holidays, but since then I've not seen any target date on HOMM IV. 3DO is having a lot of problems, too. It seems that the only smart thing the CEO did was purchase New World Computing; everything else his firm has released has either thudded quietly or crashed in flames.

And they've definitely overmilked M&M for 6-8. I'm hoping HOMM IV doesn't fall prey to the same philosophy of pushing as much out the door as quickly as possible.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:33 PM   #3
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Bring on HommIV!!
I played 3 first, and really liked it, then went on to try out number 2, which one of my friends claimed was much better than number 3.
I got Armageddon's blade, but didn't play it that much, then saw what looked like another add-on in a shop... it was "heroes chronicles", and I thought it looked alright... after taking it home and playing it, I found that it only had 8 new campaign missions... sure it was 1/2 the price of a normal game, but I thought that was pretty scummy from 3do.

Lets hope number 4 is a winner.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:48 AM   #4
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Anyone remember King's Bounty? Just curious to see if there are any old timers out there.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:58 AM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Did ne1 else have problems with HOMM2 on their computer..... and on Windows 98????
Old 01-09-2002, 02:59 AM   #6
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
Anyone remember King's Bounty? Just curious to see if there are any old timers out there.

But of course. [img]smile.gif[/img] It was a fun game, and an unusual one for NWC, because your success was timed according to a specific number of moves. I think I still may have a copy of it, somewhere.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:20 AM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Hmm, it's been almost a year since I saw the HOMM4 screenshots, which looked promising... Like fable said, back then the game was supposed to be released for the holidays, but I haven't stumbled on any official news since then.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:35 AM   #8
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:

Oh King's bounty! Now that was a game worth playing.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2002, 05:58 AM   #9
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Oooh HOMM..
I've had lots of good times with that one. I liked HOMM2 the best. HOMM3 was great but.. I sorta just liked HOMM2 better. HOMM4 is supposed to be more of a revolution rather than an evolution.. I wonder how it'll turn out.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:03 AM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Heh played HOMM2 first then tried out HOMM1 which was crap in comparison. HOMM3 was/is wicked. Bring on HOMM4....if I have time I'll be playin a few games on here:

www.toheroes.com

Although how people get into hundreds of games I have no idea, they must be playing like 10 hours online HOMM a week.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray