Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
Shmack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello.

I just started a game, and have come across a dilema in the Waukeen's Promenade.

In the upper part of the Den of Seven Vales where you fight the adventureres...I can't kill them! ARGH!

I started out using one of my own characters (fighter), and the four other characters (not including Imeon) that you recieve. I CAN'T BEAT THEM!!!

Any tips?

Cheers!
-Shmack
Old 06-16-2001, 10:34 AM   #2
Hesperex

hmm yes, quite a lot of people ask this question, The Short answer is, don't try and defeat them yet, come back later when you have leveld up and found some decent equipment.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 06-16-2001, 10:38 AM   #3
Jak_TCM
Dungeon Master

I had the same problem when I started out too. There's probally some kind of trick to it, but I don't know it, cos I just came back to these guys at level 16 and whooped their asses.

Good luck with it though

------------------
Jak
Jak_TCM@Hotmail.com
Old 06-16-2001, 10:46 AM   #4
Dramnek_Ulk

try casting sevral webs and entangles then follow it up with fireballs and magic missiles and arrows minsc can use a bow jaheira can use a sling.

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 10:47 AM   #5
Hesperex

the trick is to use a mage or defeat them one at a time. But it's a lot easier to just come back later when your a bot harder.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 06-16-2001, 10:58 AM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Just return later. You have soooooooo much to do and learn in this game. They'll still be there later when you return.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-16-2001, 11:11 AM   #7
Volourn
Manshoon

Summons, charms, hold, and horror spells work great. Try to charm the dwarf -with him on your side you are unbeatable. Kill the mage,and his familiar as quickly as possible.

GO DWARVES GO!

P.S. Mencar Pebblecrusher is awesome - 200hp is super!!!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-16-2001, 12:24 PM   #8
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

hold person works really well on them. If you have them all held just gang up on one at a time and you'll get em good.
Old 06-16-2001, 01:53 PM   #9
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

The Dwarf is a major foe in there, he is very high level and major HP. This is what I did.

I had the group gather on the right side of the north area out of sight. I summoned some monsters to hang there with me.
I powered up, cast haste, and my thief went invisible into the room. I had my one mage cast a cloudkill into the room, at the same time it hit, I had my thief backstab the mage. I then ran my thief out of the room back with my other guys. My 2nd mage cast a invisible on the thief once he came back in.
Then I just waited. The mage and his familiar died in the cloudkill, then the other guys came after me. I used my summoned monsters to slow them down, while raining arrows on them and magic missile spells. I had my thief backstab someone again.
Once the summoned monsters died (didn't last long) then i went melee with the rest of their gang. The dwarf was the last, he was the toughest and finally we killed him.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:37 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

YAY! *jumps up and down* you're progressing very well!!!
okay. everyone has given you very good advice.
i would only add one more thing.
it seems you have an open spot in your team. go back to the copper coronet in the slums and pick up anomen, the self-righteous paladin-wannabe, or korgan, the nasty but berserker, dwarf.
cernd is, uh, *not wanting to get spoilerish* around waukeen's promenade. talk to the mayor, he can enlighten you. however, he is a druid and not nearly as much fun as korgan.
it never hurts to have a full party. especially since you can ask them to leave whenever you like.
oh, and if you do drop someone from your party, they usually go to the copper coronet to hang around. however, some won't. listen to what they say when they leave. they will tell you where you can find them. *looks for her manual* i keep notes in the back of it, cuz they always go to the same place.

V***V

ps: talk to everyone who has a name! it can lead to lotsa fun. (hold your mouse over the person...if it says something like "chi chi the slapper" you know she has something ..umm.. worthy to tell you..... if it says "townswoman". eh. what she says has been said a kajillion times before.)

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-16-2001).]