Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 11:51 PM   #1
w6u6f
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just a quick question. I looked on a few websites for the answer but, could not find the answer. When shapsifting with a druid, does it it have any negative effects. I seem to recall it doing something bad to constitution but, I can't remember. Also when in one of these forms, where can I look at the stats to see how much damage I am doing (what a bad newbie question)

Now, I will ask for some spoiler info. Could someone tell me where a website would be to help me find Mazzy the halfling and have her join my party. T

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-24-2001, 11:57 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
For Mazzy, you will need to do the Umar Hill quest first, in Umar Hill's Ranger Cabin, there is a map which you can pick up. With the map, there will be an update of your world map. Then you head out into the wilderness and to a NEW place called Templed Ruins, you will fight LOTS of Shade Wolfs and Shadows (so be ready), at the Northeast side of the map there will be an entrance to the dungeon below, go in. Inside the dungeon you will fight more shadows and their kins, Immediately after you enter this dungeon there will be a door on the north side of the corridor, go in, go through another door. There you will face a Shadow Jail Keeper, dispose of him, get the "key" off his dead body and open the doors to your right, Mazzy is inside and she will initiate dialogue with you.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 11:57 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Btw, welcome to the forum.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 02:29 AM   #4
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

There are no bad side effects to shapeshifting that I noticed, though you are limited to a certain number of shape-shifts per day. You might have confused shape-shifting with the Avenger class, which has a -2 constitution penalty. =)
Old 05-25-2001, 02:32 AM   #5
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

speaking of avengers, waht does a lesser basalisk look like? i would recon it would be like a koa-toa or a green salamander.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-25-2001, 02:34 AM   #6
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Like a yellow crocodile with a ton of legs. =)
Old 05-25-2001, 02:43 AM   #7
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

You would think you could fight them in the game but you don't. Who is it that can change into a fire salamander? In shadowkeeper it has a specail ability that alows it but a don't know who can do it. Once shapechanged into one you can breathe fire which is cool.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 06-24-2001, 04:30 PM   #8
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

My avenger could not change into a basilisk, just a salamander, and I could only change into a giant spider instead of a sword spider.Also, BlackAssassin, I think that you can't breath fire while in salamander mode but you can do fire damage with your weapon ( a giant fork I think).
Old 06-24-2001, 05:37 PM   #9
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Has anyone taken the time to play a Shapeshifter? I think it would be neat if you could shapeshift into a greater werewolf instead of a regular one. Well, they could have it so the Druid can shapeshift into a werewolf at his low levels, and when he reaches his peak he can become the greater werewolf.
Old 06-24-2001, 06:09 PM   #10
Coldblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

they do. shapeshifter the early level ure regular werewolf but later level u become a greater.