Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
Jon Smallberries
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, my level 10/11 party is hanging and banging in the swamp after cleaning out the (*possible spoiler alert*)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
...the breeder rats and talking to the shaman in Trynton. Additionally, I cruised down to the graveyard and picked up the Siren's Wail horn. (/me huggles his Siren's Wail horn "Steelhide croc dances madly" while I whack the bejeezus out of it )

Despite my best efforts (ok, maybe they are not really great efforts ) I have peeked at some spoilers that indicate certain items may be used at the Arnika armor shop. I've kept all of these things (spider silk - 1, a venom crab shell, ironweed spikes, steelhide croc skin, etc) but I have no idea how one uses them! Is it something that will become apparent later in the game? If so, please don't spoil me. Or is it simply a matter of giving the items to Mr. Personality, Tony the Bovine with Delusions of Grandeur? (I'm gonna make hamburgers out of that smart*** cow before the end of the game, let me tell you!)

Thanks for any hints you can provide [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jon Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:01 AM   #2
Solomon
The Magister

Slight Spoiler

Maybe you could ask Antone...
Old 01-16-2002, 09:05 AM   #3
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

1/ Talk to Antone Rapax about "Custom", he will give you a list of custom items he can make.

2/ Talk to him about the specific item you want he will tell you of the 3 ingredients.

3/ Give him the ingrediets. Use "Give" option in the "Trade" menu

4/ Once he has all three items, he will tell you it will be ready in 24h. You can then buy them from his inventory.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:07 AM   #4
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Just "Give" the items to Tony.

BTW - I agree about wanting to kill him. I think just before the end I am going to go on a massive homicidal killing spree getting rid of all the annoying NPCs (Crock, Antone, Miles, ...)
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:10 AM   #5
Thumper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Antone should have given you the ingredient list for the various *special* items he can make for you. As you give him each item, an entry will be made in your journal. Once you have given him all 3 for an item, he will tell you to return shortly (24hrs) for you item.

If you have a faerie party member, you definitely want the item specifically made for them.

If he hasn't talked about this I am sure you can trigger it with him by keying on something he said in his first conversation (it's been a long time since I did that part, not sure of the specifics).
Old 01-16-2002, 09:31 AM   #6
Jon Smallberries
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks - I'll go have a conversation with ol' Tony after I finish up in the swamp.

Idle thought - isn't it just a bit wierd that monsters that apparently don't have enough gray matter to frighten or put to sleep (ie, Terror and Sleep don't work) can still be driven insane? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but it is interesting.
Jon Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:14 PM   #7
Erydian
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Smallberries:
Or is it simply a matter of giving the items to Mr. Personality, Tony the Bovine with Delusions of Grandeur? (I'm gonna make hamburgers out of that smart*** cow before the end of the game, let me tell you!)

ROFL! Thanks for the laugh.

Just a quick note/tip.. whenever an NPC requires something, you can almost always just hand whatever item it is that they need or want over to them. You generally only use items on inanimate things.