Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 08:50 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

This year isn't as good as last years, heck, a lot of the losers last year could sing better than this group. So it's kind of like "who sucks the least" kind of contest LOL.

The worst part was last night, they made them sing Neil Sadaka songs!!!! Neil Sadaka...!!! Who's brilliant idea was that?? Blech! And the military guy actually decided to sing "Bad Blood"! the worst song of all!. Was hoping he'd get voted off tonight... just for that song choice alone LOL! But instead it's come to a tie between Shernise (or whatever) and Ruben (big guy), LOL crowd is booing away, camera panning to all sorts of different sad outraged faces LOL.

Dunno why I keep watching. Guess it's like a circus, want to see the next act LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 09:09 PM   #2
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

My wife is really into American Idol as well. I can't stand the show. How do you become an instant Idol. It isn't even about the music most of the time. Let's see if you are a great singer by doing Sedaka songs. Maybe next week it will be Willie Nelson. I don't know what this program is all about. Looks? Singing? Clothes? All I can say is that if I have to hear it in the background while I'm on the computer, at least those 2 no-talent blonde haired girls are gone.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:19 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I guess I am prejudiced because I am a musician---primarily a singer (have a degree in music.) I didn't watch it last year but I have been watching it this year (mainly because the guy Rubin is from Birmingham, Alabama.). I guess it seems a little odd some of the music they have them sing, but I can understand it: A "true" talent can sing a variety of songs from different genres. I think they are trying to see would be a "one shot wonder" and who really has talent. Tonight, I think the appropriate persone "Trenyce" (sp?) got the boot. I was with the judges on being shocked that Rubin was in the bottom two. I agree with the judges that I hope people are voting for the voice and can get past the fact that Rubin is, to be blunt, a big fat guy. People may not realize it, but Rubin studied music in college and is a trained musician (not that that makes somebody an idol). I thought Josh or Trenyce would go and I was right about Trenyce---Rubin was a shock and really shouldn't have been in that position.

My opinion of the last four in order: Rubin and Clay 0 tied for first, Kimberly, and then Josh. I predict Josh will be out next week. We will see if I get it right.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Reeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:19 PM   #4
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Well, I guess I am prejudiced because I am a musician---primarily a singer (have a degree in music.) I didn't watch it last year but I have been watching it this year (mainly because the guy Rubin is from Birmingham, Alabama.). I guess it seems a little odd some of the music they have them sing, but I can understand it: A "true" talent can sing a variety of songs from different genres. I think they are trying to see would be a "one shot wonder" and who really has talent. Tonight, I think the appropriate persone "Trenyce" (sp?) got the boot. I was with the judges on being shocked that Rubin was in the bottom two. I agree with the judges that I hope people are voting for the voice and can get past the fact that Rubin is, to be blunt, a big fat guy. People may not realize it, but Rubin studied music in college and is a trained musician (not that that makes somebody an idol). I thought Josh or Trenyce would go and I was right about Trenyce---Rubin was a shock and really shouldn't have been in that position.

My opinion of the last four in order: Rubin and Clay 0 tied for first, Kimberly, and then Josh. I predict Josh will be out next week. We will see if I get it right.
<font color=orange>I hope your right, because I think Rubin has the best voice of the bunch! Gives us fat guys hope! <font>
Old 05-01-2003, 02:15 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Light Bulb

Well, it's America's votes, so Josh is getting the Brainwash-Support-for-Soldiers votes. Which is keeping him around longer than he deserves.

And Clay did a fine job with Sedaka songs. I'm sure he'll win, as the "gay guys love the show and love to vote for cute skinny guys" votes will definately tip the scales down the stretch. You should check out gay bars in boys-town here in Chicago, where they play American Idol full blast on the tele and where a general hush falls over the room when he comes on to sing. I've only seen this spectacle once, but aside from the general "Girl, he is FINE" comment, it was almost like reverence.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:30 PM   #6
Reeka

Well, like I said, it SHOULD come down to between Clay and Rubin (I thnk he spells it with an "i"---I could be wrong). They are by far the BEST voices there. TL, I think you may have something there with the "soldier-sympathy vote" for Josh. Kimberly is a good singer, but she just isn't exciting to me.

I had heard rumors that Clay was gay, I didn't know that it was an established fact as you think it is, TL.

Well, we will all have to tune in next week. Meanwhile, GO RUBIN!!!
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-02-2003, 10:55 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
I had heard rumors that Clay was gay, I didn't know that it was an established fact as you think it is, TL.
I didn't say he was gay. I said he was cute and thin and would get the gay vote. I'm pretty certain the gay community really likes this guy. He may or may not be - and I wish him well regardless. And, he and Rubin are the best.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:11 PM   #8
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:

I had my suspicions during the episode where someone in the audience asked Clay who he would want to act as himself in a movie (hope that sentance made sense). He turned to Simon and asked 'Simon are you open?'

That could be taken the wrong way if you think about it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 10:25 PM   #9
Reeka

I guess you are right that that could be taken "the wrong way." Do you think he was implying that Simon is gay?
Old 05-06-2003, 09:05 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Simon has to be gay. Who else can be so critical of others for shortcomings they obviously share? Actually, I think Simon has much too much of a stick up his butt for there to be room for anything else.

My wife just called to let me know she voted for Clay 8 times tonight. She loves that little... effiminate... guy.

Oh well, gottta go all -see ya on da flip side [img]graemlins/shooter18.gif[/img]