Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 AM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I was awake for the procedures, which was okay, but bad hearing my dentist commentate about what implements he was using lol. I had each side done separately, which was probably better because I swelled up so much, I wouldn't have been able to eat for days afterward if both sides had been done. It's yucky but you get through it. Having to go back the second time was bad - knowing exactly how long it would take (too long) and how swelled I'd be (like a chipmunk) and how sore it would be (very).

I think the after-effects of having a general anaesthetic would be worse - you would still have the pain and so on afterwards but you'd also have the grogginess. It depends on whether they're impacted though - mine weren't they were just coming through in the wrong direction and ruining all my previous orthodontic work. Maybe if they're impacted a general anaesthetic would be more appropriate.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:12 AM   #12
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I have one all the way out. That is the one on the top right. So I am thinking thatone will not be to bad. The one on the bottom left is just poking out but it is touching my other tooth. It is also causing some decay. But it is coming in sideways. The other two wisdom teeth are no where to be seen. But on the xray they are in sideways. So maybe they will only do the two that are causing the trouble. I will have to wait and see. Thanks all for the input.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:24 AM   #13
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

Doing all four at once is best. "Like pulling off a bandaid" as they say. It will hurt a lot after the drugs wear off, no matter which way you go. The meds they give you for the pain are useless, too. You still hurt as much, but you're not allowed to operate vehicles. Go with the general and stay awak for it. It's not so bad, and you'll be so whacked out of your gourd you won't really even hear the popping nor squelching. Just be prepared to eat all your food through a straw for three days. I hope you're not one of those people who likes to talk, either, because you won't be at all intelligble, since you'll dread opening your mouth.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:27 AM   #14
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Thanks winter. I like the band-aid therory. I will have to take some time off work. I spend a fair amount of time on the phone. And having two kids I do a fair amount of yelling(I mean talking loud). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 05:11 AM   #15
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just pray that the doc gets 'em out clean. My dad has had a couple out recently that had to be split and taken out in halves...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:01 AM   #16
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I had four teeth out once (not wisdom teeth though) and I had teh full knock-out thing.
The worst bit was teh puking for days afterwards because I swallowed all teh blood.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:15 AM   #17
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

All you need is a door and some string and it will come out easy. It's also cheaper..

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:29 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I can't say as my wisdom teeth story is my nicest experience with a dentist! I actually don't mind dentists for just about anything, even root canals aren't enough to send me screaming from the room (although I am NOT fond of them! LOL) but having my wisdom teeth out was a tough one.

I had them all badly impacted and one had to come out in an 'emergency' surgery as it was trying to come in at angle into other teeth. After that hour + of work to remove it, I agreed with my dentist that if I had the others out, it should be all at once or I'd never get them all out and he'd been telling me for years that I should do it.

I had all of the the other 3 out in one marathon 2+ hr surgery and I took the nitrous oxide. Very weird, disassociated feelings there! But I think it made the whole thing mostly tolerable. I had one very swollen and green/blue cheek for a while, was on a narcotic painkiller that I almost got myself addicted to (stopped it cold turkey after I realized I was actually craving it and it had me paranoid and thinking people were following me in the supermarket...percoset..bad stuff for me!) [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Had to go back to have a few stray bits removed that had managed to get down behind a tooth.

Did I mention they had to grind two of the wisdom teeth out of my jawbone? Yah, it was not a pleasant experience, but once we got the odds and ends tidied up, I was glad it was done! Also very glad I only had to do it for four teeth and never again!

Best of luck, Mack!!!

[ 10-18-2005, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 10-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
Damn! All four of mine are perfectly fine.

I WANNA HEAR THE POP!
[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I should have recorded the grinding noise as they crunched mine into little bits to get them out... very odd sensation, that! Especially on nitrous... I was sort of floating there, knew what they were doing, but felt oddly out of it..sort of like it was me but not really...hard to explain how that stuff works, but it does make you mellow!

[ 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 10-18-2005, 08:41 AM   #20
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That's ok cloudy. I know exactly what the ol' giggle gas does for ya!

[Edit: Just read your post above, Cloudy. *rethinks my stance on having problem free wisdom toofs* What a disaster! I've heard of wisdom teeth having to be cracked and removed in halves, but to be *shudders* ground out. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I can see why you're glad you don't have to go through it all again. And they only used gas?]

[ 10-18-2005, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote