Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2002, 05:00 PM   #1
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Not only will it leave more time for us guys to watch the footy but...

Quote:
Kim Campbell, former Prime Minister of Canada, offered a solution to today's scandal-riddled world: women leaders. "The qualities that are defined as masculine are also the same qualities that are defined as the qualities of leadership. There is virtually no overlap between the qualities ascribed to femininity and those to leadership." Yet in several studies, Campbell said, "results show that when you have a critical mass of women in an organization, you have less corruption." Peru and Mexico have even implemented initiatives based on such thinking. And Campbell warned that "lest you think that all we aspire to for the world can be accomplished by male-dominated organizations, I have only to say to you: Enron, Taliban, Roman Catholic Church."
Old 10-22-2002, 05:04 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL. DONT let them see that downunda they might get ideas [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe, no, just look to the drow if you want to see where a female thingy doesnt work ... (grins, well BG2...) [img]tongue.gif[/img] *runs*
Old 10-22-2002, 05:09 PM   #3
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Who is the leader in New Zealand? (admitting to great great ignorance of the world at large} My favorite govenors in Texas have been female. According to some people the leader of my country (George W. Bush) is a woman. Does that count?
Old 10-22-2002, 05:12 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes itīs an interesting point Downunda. And also one of the feministīs slogans. Now I donīt quite agree with the statement. Itīs my belief that itīs power that causes corruption not gender. Queen Elizabeth I was quite ruthless, as was Catherine I of Russia. Now it can be that women are more gentle and sensitive. Hormones have been found that cause for instance maternal instincts in females, whereas the same hormone has no effects in males.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:20 PM   #5
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Yes itīs an interesting point Downunda. And also one of the feministīs slogans. Now I donīt quite agree with the statement. Itīs my belief that itīs power that causes corruption not gender. Queen Elizabeth I was quite ruthless, as was Catherine I of Russia. Now it can be that women are more gentle and sensitive. Hormones have been found that cause for instance maternal instincts in females, whereas the same hormone has no effects in males.
Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.
More accountability makes Things better IMNSHO. (Duh)

Old 10-22-2002, 05:32 PM   #6
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Lord Acton
Old 10-22-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Consider this: men have a surrender reflex; women don't

women are ruthless in a fight. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2002, 05:39 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

All I care about is Downunda sending me a New Zealand girl. She can have her way with me no problem [img]smile.gif[/img] Downunda any idea how much shipping will cost?
Old 10-22-2002, 05:42 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
All I care about is Downunda sending me a New Zealand girl. She can have her way with me no problem [img]smile.gif[/img] Downunda any idea how much shipping will cost?
You forgot to mention that she has to be a waitress, that might come in handy.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:42 PM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
Consider this: men have a surrender reflex; women don't

women are ruthless in a fight. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Naah itīs that we wonīt admit weīre wrong lol. But we never are, are we? [img]tongue.gif[/img]