Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 06:29 AM   #1
Grunt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since the last bug fixes my cleric simply can't cast any spells.
They there working fine before.
There is also a bug in the combat section.
I got an error message then i am trying to use the end command in a battle.
It would be nice if these bugs could be fixed in one of the next releases, so i could continue to create new spells.

With best wisches Grunt.
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:49 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

here's what i did to check out the magic situation.
-i created two characters, one cleric, one mage
-each had 45,678 experience points making them both level 6 (cleric had int. and wis of 16, mage int of 15, wis of 16)
-i used the three default spells that shipped with the .740 release, plus a detect magic spell for clerics
-there was a combat between the two characters and some giant rats

here's what i found: (i hope this helps...)
-cleric had the ability to memorize 16 first level, 11 second level and 3 third level spells. i had him memorize 8 cure light wound and 8 detect magic.
-mage had the ability to memorize 11 first level, 7 second level and 3 third level spells. i tried to have him memorize, but it said "no spells available".
-before combat, i had the cleric cast detect magic, interestingly on the cast screen, it showed that i had memorized 8 cure light wounds and only 4 detect magic spells. it made the casting sound but did nothing as far as display. i could not get it to cast cure light wounds at all.
-in combat, the cast command/button did nothing.
-i tried using the end command, and it worked fine for both characters.

other observations:
cleric- spell allowances were 16/11/3 => in second ed. they should have been 3/3/2 modified to 5/5/2 with the 16 wisdom.
mage- spell allowances wee 11/7/3 => in second ed. they should have been 4/2/2 with no modifications for intelligence or wisdom.
combat- there was no guard option, but i can't recall if it had been there before or not.

i hope this helps. i did the above twice with the same results...

------------------
manikus
www.geocities.com/manikus5/dc/index.html
manikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 06:58 PM   #3
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
You know what, I haven't been able to cast any spells in DC yet. I tried to memorize spells and the cleric could and mage had none available. I tried to create a magic missle spell, and was unable to test due to no mage spells available. Is anyone out there doing spell testing?
BTW, I thought of trying to recreate the Oriental Adventures Database for weapons and such.

SilentThief
SilentThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 07:15 AM   #4
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

The 'End' command in combat should be fixed in the current version, 0.740.

I've been working on combat quite a bit lately, in preparation for adding spell casting to it. It has many problems still remaining, and I fixed several during the last week. I haven't tested any spell casting lately, but I will before the next release to at least ensure the non-combat spells still work.

I don't think I tested spell memorization limits over level 2. Looks like there is a big bug in there somewhere.

The oriental items sounds good. If you create the items in the editor, then export them to a text file (using database utilities), those items can be made available to other designers. They can import your text file to get those same items.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 06:03 AM   #5
Grunt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello Silent Thief,

somewhere around the release 7.30 the cleric spells there working outside combat. I had made some healing spells myself and they had only a minor bug.
You could raise your hitpoints above the max. hitpoints with the healing spells.
I think you will need a script which checks the max. hitpoints and set your current hitpoints to max. hitpoints if the healing spell cures to much damage.
I will try if the clerical spells in 7.50 are working now.

Thanks for your reply
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote