Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 08:57 PM   #1
Penguin Boy

I usually play as a mage, since I think that they are the most superior class. But I started a game and decided to play a druid, to see what they are like. I'm a Half-Elf Avenger, and I must say to all the other fellow Druids, we got screwed!!
Unless you pick an Avenger, the shapeshifting ability is almost useless. The sword spider is about the only worth-while shapeshift that you can pick. I would have like to seen a wider variety of beasts to morph into, not only for battle but also utility.
Also, I know that we are one with nature and everything, but was anyone else disappointed with the Druid Stronghold? It's a freaking cave!! And not even a cool one at that!! It's only one room, and there's nothing really that spectacular there.
I don't want to come off as some whining jerk, but it's simply my opinion that the druid class could have been presented a lot better. Also, the game doesn't even begin to fully explore the Druid hierarchy system, which is one of the main reasons I like Druids so much.
I would appreciate anyones comments on this subject. Thank you for your time.

Old 01-12-2001, 04:04 AM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I definitely agree with you there. Druids got short-changed. So much in fact that a lot of people are creating hacks to make the class where it should be. I believe that Jon is working on/has finished one already. You may want to ask him. About the only way that a druid is playable is to multi-class him/her. Whatever happened to becoming the great druid? I was so disappointed that I just went Ranger instead. They are still in tune with nature too. They also get a sucky stronghold. Maybe I shoulda just gone as a straight mage. LOL
Old 01-12-2001, 04:32 AM   #3
G.W.

The biggest disappointment is the shapeshifter, who gives up so much (strength, stamina) to get that werewolf ability and then ends up hitting like a... druid! The greater werewolf ability is the biggest disappointment of them all. Keep them waiting until level 14, thinking, oh, it'll get better, I can regen real fast and tear things apart.... Sad. Everyone playing a druid who hopes for offense has to be a fighter-druid like Mrs. J.

Old 01-12-2001, 04:57 AM   #4
Arak

Totally agree with all of the above. If it hadn't been for the fact that i love roleplaying as a druid i would probably had started over with a new class.
The Greater Werewolf is a disapointment and not worth giving up armor an con for.

Oh well you can still beat the game so they dont totaly suck.

Old 01-12-2001, 05:20 AM   #5
Jon the Hell Caster

just click on the dimension door to go to my site and get the Druid fixer upper!

Old 01-12-2001, 05:21 AM   #6
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Checked out your site yesterday, excellent.
May I suggest a D&D Anti Paladin kit?.
Old 01-12-2001, 05:52 AM   #7
Migosh

I totally agree, I was expecting a LOT more out of the Druid stronghold, its like they jsut assumed the Druid was the least likely to be played so they basically put NOTHING into the stronghold, all you really get is an extra battle to become the great druid... *sigh*

Old 01-12-2001, 06:36 AM   #8
Hagar

When I remember the Rules right a Druid can heal himself when shapechanging into an animal. Doesn't work with Mrs J.

Old 01-12-2001, 08:00 PM   #9
Penguin Boy

Wow, I think I struck a nerve of fed-up druids. So what do you suggest to do to improve the Druid, either in BGIII(hopefully!!), or a new patch. I think that the hierarchy system should be completely played out, with all the benefits, such as underlings and whatnot. What do you guys think?

Old 01-12-2001, 11:55 PM   #10
Saithana

>When I remember the Rules right a Druid can heal himself when shapechanging into an animal. Doesn't work with Mrs J.

But it does work for that other Druid you have to fight!
I spent a lot of time while Cernd got her points down, then she shifts and goes back to Uninjured! B*****D!