Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 09:56 AM   #31
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
] I think some people want to believe in the schlock but when faced with reality try to confuse the issue by changing the definition of Vampire.

Hey, wow, we are in 100% pure, raw, unadulterated agreement
How can this be?
[/QUOTE]I wasn't gonna tell you this...but I had a gypsy Err ethnic person put a curse on you....you are now doomed to roam the earth in complete agreement of me untill the end of time Muaaahhahahahahahahahahaha

Old 05-06-2003, 10:03 AM   #32
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
I wasn't gonna tell you this...but I had a gypsy Err ethnic person put a curse on you....you are now doomed to roam the earth in complete agreement of me untill the end of time Muaaahhahahahahahahahahaha
Ahhh, and that explains the strange rash....uh, I mean, DANG! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 10:13 AM   #33
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Vampires do NOT depend on God... y is he the only one who can curse things... people can too... or other supernatural beings... so therefore vampires depend on the supernatural... not God...

And its simple... the light from the moon is reflected from the sun... and as everyone knows... reflections show things backwards... so moonlight is GOOD for vampires...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #34
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
And its simple... the light from the moon is reflected from the sun... and as everyone knows... reflections show things backwards... so moonlight is GOOD for vampires...
uhhhh...... joking right? Heh heh. Good one.

Some reflections may show things backwards, but that doesn't change the overall state of the energy involved. UV rays are UV rays, reflected or not. Although it is highly possible that Moonlight isn't strong enough to harm vampires (if in fact the whole concept of vampires wasn't bollucks of course ).
Old 05-06-2003, 10:30 AM   #35
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
Vampires do NOT depend on God... y is he the only one who can curse things... people can too... or other supernatural beings... so therefore vampires depend on the supernatural... not God...

Well you just completely redefined how vampires supposedly came into being....better go read your legend again It was God who cursed Vlad the Impaler....or so the legend goes.

As I said before, if the facts don't fit...change the definition

Old 05-06-2003, 10:36 AM   #36
MagiK

Lets examine the Sunlight/Moonlight issue again...from a reletive energy density perspective.....

1. Sunlight to normal humans = prolonged exposer causes sunburns and skin cancer
2. Sunlight to vampires is so intense = explosive flaming death
3. Moonlight on Humans, being reflected sunlight = lesser exposer/energy level, lower damage potential
4. Moonlight on Vampire would have lesser effectdue to lower energy level but should probably cause sunburn and skin cancer

oh and remember no one has ever shown a dead thing coming back to exist as an undead thing in a controlled environment. they don't exist people...believe it...its a nice romantic Story construct but nothing more.

[ 05-06-2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-06-2003, 10:42 AM   #37
The Hierophant

And as for the webhost lady of http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com , well, I'd say she is merely a hyper-photosensitive, aurally hypersensitive, slightly deranged human being. She seems to be quite friendly and caring, a lovely young lady, but a complete and utter whack-nut. Just my humble opinion of course, and nothing more.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:56 AM   #38
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
oh and remember no one has ever shown a dead thing coming back to exist as an undead thing in a controlled environment. they don't exist people...believe it...its a nice romantic Story construct but nothing more.
Wrong! *sigh* Frankenstein! [img]tongue.gif[/img] LMAO! I´m in total agreement with MagiK. Since God doesn´t exist Vampires can not exist. Was that how you put it MagiK? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Arrgh! Sowwy, I´ll stop teasing you now.

BUT Bram Stoke's Dracula is a legend and not true, ageed? How come there can be no alternative to the creation of vampires? Therefore the God argument is not as solid as one would think. Say vampires do exist, then they would not had have been cursed by God since we can´t base facts on a story, and Dracula is not facts. Circular reasoning for those who miss the war forum.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #39
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:

BUT Bram Stoke's Dracula is a legend and not true, ageed? How come there can be no alternative to the creation of vampires? Therefore the God argument is not as solid as one would think. Say vampires do exist, then they would not had have been cursed by God since we can´t base facts on a story, and Dracula is not facts. Circular reasoning for those who miss the war forum.
Sure, but I'd still like to see one get created in a controlled environment. And hell, I'll be the guinea pig! 60-70 years of life (if I'm lucky) just isn't enough, I need longer!
Old 05-06-2003, 11:03 AM   #40
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Sure, but I'd still like to see one get created in a controlled environment. And hell, I'll be the guinea pig! 60-70 years of life (if I'm lucky) just isn't enough, I need longer!
And I would like see one get created by being cursed from god. Actually I wouldn´t like to see one at all.

[ 05-06-2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]