Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 08:39 AM   #1
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Anyone spent much time working in a theatre?

I am currently, - repairing and preparing the audio systems for upcoming shows - and I consistently find it a fascinating place to be. It's just myself and 1 other guy working away, up in the grid and the catwalks, understage, backstage, blasting our favourite CD's through front of house, etc...
It's at times eerie as well being alone in such a large and pocketed building.

There's even a ghost legend! And the lifts will often go between floors opening and closing of their own accord. When it's quiet you can often hear footsteps high up in the grid as well...

I can't really describe the feeling... like being in a big house with many rooms - some secret and you just feel something special about it.

It's even better when we do shows in there. There is so much energy and life. And a kind of fantasy feel about the whole time...

Recently in one show, during an intermission I played a Nitin Sawhney CD 'Beyond Skin'.
As one of my favourite tracks 'Tides' - an emotive floating piano jazz meets soft drum & bass piece - was playing, I went backstage. It was lit with dull blue light so people can see but not to shine out onto the stage.
The music was drifting through backstage, with smoke from the smoke machine, and there were all these little ballerinas in 'classic' dress practising their steps to this song.
It was a magical, surreal and entrancing moment...