Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2002, 10:01 AM   #1
Drew
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm just tying up loose ends and can't open his cell. Should this be obvious, or do I just need to spend hours spinning the three dials? Spoilers welcome. Thanks in advance!!
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 10:20 AM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Well, considering that there are only 27 options, you won't spend HOURS doing it but no, there's no place where you find the combination.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #3
TYTONK
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found one piece of paper with - - 0 written on it. I was assuming I would find two others and it would be the combination to something. Has anyone found all three?
TYTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 11:12 AM   #4
Solomon
The Magister

Right idea, but it isn't for Rafe's lock.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:28 AM   #5
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Tytonk -- that "__0" is to be used in LMB but only if you want to piss the T'Rang off badly. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2002, 11:58 AM   #6
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

by the way.. what's IN that room in lower marten's bluff? ive never bothered to enter it, even when I've slain every t'rang in the bluff+ship.
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 12:41 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Rafe's cell lock is a cute one. If you look closely at the dials, you'll see that each one has a symbol that represents a heat source of some kind. Simply put each pointer on a heat source, and the door will open.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 01:40 PM   #8
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by [wcip]Angel:
by the way.. what's IN that room in lower marten's bluff? ive never bothered to enter it, even when I've slain every t'rang in the bluff+ship.

SPOILER SPACE
I had to open it one time myself and then went back to an older save after I satisfied my curiousity.

It's a test lab for the T'Rang to fine-tune their new weapon -- something called a 'mindblast rod'. It looks like a stun rod but it casts Nuclear Blast (or is it Psionic Blast?) and has a higher percentage of KO/paralyze/stam-drain than the stun rods. Supposedly once they perfect it they will be equipping all their people with them to destroy the Umpani and the prototype is in that room.

It's a decent enough weapon, I suppose, but I didn't think it was worth hostiling the T'Rang to get and while opening the door doesn't hostile them (assuming you've drawn the guardians of the door away) entering the room causes the T'Rang inside to attack you. I suppose you could enter the room with Chameleon, dash over and grab the rod and then run out of the room (and the battle) during combat without killing anyone and get away with it but I wasn't that interested in it to attempt it.