Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #1
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I've been looking in at the AI scripts that modders have put out, and it doesn't seem too hard. I mean, I can copy and paste various parts of different pre-made scripts into a bigger one.

Still, it will be almost entirely trial and error as I venture into the unknown world of modding. And here's where you come into play. The target party will be Mencar Pebblecrusher and company: Pooky, Sorcerous Amon, Samuel Orcslicer and the Thief.

1] Keep a regular, standard party throughout or put in a level 9, 12 and 15 versions (matching with the PC's level; 8-10 = level 9, 11-13 = level 12, 14-16 = level 15)?

2] Difficulty level. If I do the level thing described in 1], should I leave it alone and just have the double damage stay? Add extra buffs? Add in various special things (ie: 4 traps instead of 3, extra Potions of Extra Healing)? Add a couple of pre-summoned monsters? Add in a few reinforcements? Add in a little bit more enchantment to their weapons (nothing major; just something like +1 to Fire damage for his hammer)? Stat increases?

3] Traps. It seems like Mencar is quite arrogant, and would therefore like to put some traps around the stairs to prevent people from leaving. However, they probably have the foresight to leave a couple around their sleeping places in case someone came calling. Which one? (or maybe a mixture; 2 around the stairs, and one near them)

4] Stairs. Do the 'stairs-magically-disappear' trick, or have a little stun trap set for the stairs?

5] Pre-buffs. Buff-to-the-max, because the PC's gonna be buffed as well? Or go with the standard Stoneskin and MMM (with a little caution that it may be too easy going in with full buffs)?

6] Spells. Normal, everyday spells or rare ones? The thing is that if you're going to have trouble finding some spells, they're going to as well. But most of the common spells are easily countered.

7] All out, blitzkrieg attack (screw defense; I'm going to take as many as I can with me!), or annoying, laid-back parties that sacrifice that one Magic Missile spell to kill a Thief in favor of Mirror Image?

These are all questions that I'm asking myself. Sure, it's going to be my mod, but I want some feedback from those who've played the Tactics mod before.

Don't expect this mod to come into fruition anytime soon. Heck, don't expect it to come out at all. If it's anything like my BG2 games, then I'm going to give it up in a week or so. But it's a try.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote