Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2003, 04:19 PM   #1
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

spoilers
i am on tactics mode.
Party:
Me, anti paladin level 14
korgan, level 13
anomen level 13-14
valyagar level 13
edwin level 13
jan 11/12 or something like that.

I am now in the asylum. There is a lich there. He is lockated between the "single vampire" room and some sort of a library or something. it is on the level with the crystal.
This lich is a pain in the ***. each time he shouts-I will kill you for manipulating me, and brings my whole party to him and his minions, via some teleport spell.
Minions-2 greater mummies that cast black blade of disaster and whail of banshee, one eart elemental, and 2 sceleton warriors.

OOOPS!!!

I managed to kill him using cheese tactics. I casted improved invisibility on every one and had anomen running like hell to the vampire. He closed the door behind him, killed the vampire with mace of disruption and took his hand.
When he tried to sneak back with the hand, so i could get the hell out of there, the lich that by that time moved to the door saw him, and teleported my party to him.
But he had a biiiig problem. He was surrounded by all my fighters (since that it was a coridor) that made a pile of garbage out if his bones. After i killed him i noticed that the teleporting field still worked (i was teleported all around the place) by sheer luck valyagar ended
locked up in the library and the rest managed to lock themselves in the vampire room.
The rest was easy.

So here comes my question-
Was it really cheese?
How can i beat him without this tactic?

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:28 AM   #2
Ares

Have Anomen smack him with the MoD +2, or just do it the cheese way, and say it was the Lich's idiotic fault for teleporting your party to him while in a corridor.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ares:
Have Anomen smack him with the MoD +2, or just do it the cheese way, and say it was the Lich's idiotic fault for teleporting your party to him while in a corridor.
Yess.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:59 AM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No, cheese. Using invisibility to get passed someone/something is one of the uses it was meant for. Teleport Field can randomly teleport you around, so if it teleported you to the lich, then that's perfectly okay. You didn't load up a contingency was 3 ADHW or set a load of traps in a spot for the lich to step on. Instead, you took him down with good old fashioned fighting: that's perfectly non-cheesey .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote