Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 06:15 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The small hospital I work for has finally been hit hard by the decreased economy. Last week, the administrator met with all the department manager to inform us that each of our departments would be suffering from personnel cutbacks.

I run the Purchasing dept and had one coworker. He has now been transferred to a different department that suffered some of the heavier cuts. I will get to have him one day of the week (which is better than nothing), but I will be operating solo the rest of the time.

Which is why you won't be seeing me posting on IW as often as I have been. I did a lot of my posts from work, but now I simply won't have the time. I'll be too busy running my barbarian butt off.

I will especially be participating less in the more "serious" threads (like the healthy god debate). I always try to give my replies a lot of thought before posting them, and now I just don't have as much time to participate.

I'll still be around as often as I can, but it looks like it will be far less than what I would like.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:07 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

Hey

even a little Cerek is better than no Cerek. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Glad to hear that your job will not be facing the bullet. However in my experiance job cuts last about 2 years max before the place is as big or bigger than before.

All the best from Wellard [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-06-2003, 07:23 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

I´m sad to hear it Cerek. I wish you all the best with your work. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you will be able to spend as much time as possible with us in here, but like wellard said "A little Cerek is a lot better than none at all". [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 10:58 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yes, a little Cerek is better than none at all. Sorry for all your unlucky ex-coworkers.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:57 AM   #5
MagiK

Sad to see your plight Cerek

[ 05-06-2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-06-2003, 01:40 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks for all the support. It really means a lot. It's a little after 1:30pm here and I am just now sitting down to eat (I usually have lunch around 11:30).

Most of the employees were relatively lucky in that they just had their hours reduced rather than being let go completely...but there were a fair number that weren't so lucky. And a couple of older employees volunteered to quit so that others could keep their job.

There are two other "medium-sized" hospitals nearby. They are both little hospitals that have become very successful and grown dramatically. One is the hospital I worked at before and the other is the our parent hospital (they bought us 3.5 years ago when our former owners put us up for sale.

There are no immediate openings at either place [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] , but BOTH of the Materials Managers are close to retiring. Hopefully, I can hang on here until one of those positions becomes available.

In the meantime, I can't tell you how flattered I am to learn that "a little Cerek" is better than "no Cerek". Thank you so much for the sentiment (although I'm sure some would disagree ). It really cheered me up.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:24 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We'll take what we can get, Cerek! I understand and sympathize about the cut backs. My own office is one that was combined from three departments and they dropped one of the support staff when they did the merger.

Hang in there and keep in touch when you can!