Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 01:31 AM   #11
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Desuma Malevois:
From what I understand, the immigration laws are really tough in Oz. If you decide to stay in the US I hear that Arizona is pretty safe.
Try New Zealand then. immigration isn't that tough, so long as you have marketable skills. What's more, there is next to NO real life-hazards. No snakes of any kind, no seriously venomous insects, no man-eating animals, little-to-no hazardous natural phenomena (such as tornadic storms [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

It's a pansy's paradise
[/QUOTE]lol, I know the feeling. Don't tell anyone, but NZ's immigration is far too easy. Its a topic of much controversy. New Zealand is a great country, and (no offense to anyone) we can't just allow anyone in. We need to do better background checks, at least.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:17 AM   #12
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

simple, just close your eyes and pretend nothing had happen. LOL.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:20 AM   #13
lethoso
Manshoon

and once you immigrate to NZ you can get to australia very very easily indeed [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 08:54 AM   #14
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Well dont move here (Texas) if you are afraid of Tornados. This spring hasnt been too bad though, here anyway, I think it has rained around Dallas alot latley, not sure. But I havent heard of any Tornados this season, yet.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-05-2003, 09:17 AM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well made it through the storms this round, but we will not have a dry day til saturday
Old 05-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by lethoso:
Australia is a pretty safe place [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Isn't Australia the place where every snake you see is poisonous? Or leastways, enough so that you assume they are unless further analysis of the dead body proves otherwise?

No matter where you go, there's something waiting for you...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:11 PM   #17
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I live in Alabama and we have tornadoes every spring and December. You just learn tp watch out for the weather and heed the warnings and take precautions. Four years agot, about three miles from where I live we had an F5 tornado. Well, they said F5---actually it was off the scale. Probably an F6--except those don't exist. I have a philosophy---every place has some sort of thing you have to deal with. A 100% safe place would be-----Eden? Utopia?
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-05-2003, 07:51 PM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma Malevois:
13 counties in western KY are under a tornado watch, but I live in the central part of the state. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one though.
I was born in Louisville in 72, and lived there till 1989, and remember my parents taking us under the basement in the 74 Tornado that ripped up loads of old trees in Cherokee Park. Here is a video of THAT Tornado! (never saw it before!)

http://www.april31974.com/video_lous...ril_3_1974.htm

Louisville does have bad bands of severe weather from March through April mostly. And now, May. Geez.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #19
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If you look realy close at Zirocs tornado you can see toetoe barking from about 1/2 the way up and you can just hear Antee-M Antee-M !!!!

Stormy you and your Family could move to the small City of Winchester Virginia. There has never been a Tornado touch down in winchester ever, 10 miles from here in any direction they have touched down, but because of the placement of the city in this very small valley within the Shenandoah Valley. The mountains there cause what the scientists call a vortex buster and it won't allow them (Tornados) to form any where in the city or close by. The city is 5 miles long and three miles wide. If you and your husband need work there are alot of jobs here, only 2% of the population here is unimployed and thats because they don't want to work and are to lazy to look for work not because they can't find any.
It's a really nice place to live, we get 4 seasons every year I like spring and fall the best because the temp. stays between 70 and 85 during those two seasons and most of storms that do come by miss us altogether. WE did get three foot of snow this year but in the 10 years that I've lived here the last snow storm was 9 years ago and that time we got 2 feet of snow one day and then another 2 feet the next, Did ever cross country ski to work? But mostly we only get 2 or 3 inches every year around christmas time.
Its a really good place to raise a family and houseing is not expensive.
I bought a two story 3 bed 2 bath home on a half acre that would have cost me $300,000.00 without the land in california where I come from, but here I only paid $120,000.00
WE also pay the lowest Taxes in the U.S. and state income Tax is very low also.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:37 AM   #20
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
I have a philosophy---every place has some sort of thing you have to deal with. A 100% safe place would be-----Eden? Utopia?
NEW ZEALAND!!!