Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 11:43 AM   #131
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I disagree. At one time, a knife was the newest technology as well. To me, you at least want a weapon of the same technology era as any would-be brigands you may meet on a dark street. Since when did it become wrong to take responsibility for your own protection?
Old 03-24-2004, 12:52 PM   #132
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I disagree. At one time, a knife was the newest technology as well. To me, you at least want a weapon of the same technology era as any would-be brigands you may meet on a dark street. Since when did it become wrong to take responsibility for your own protection?
Compliance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Technology is only intimidating if you don't have access to it while others do.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:45 PM   #133
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

And if those who have it use it to control those that don't... We're pidgeon-holed by the Nuclear presence, the sheer size and power of the military, the international feeding frenzy that would ensue from the fallout of a revolution if it got violent.

If we were to revolt in the next 10-50 years, I'd like it to stay as calm as possible, a legal and peaceable disassembly of the excesses of government and the removal of many government powers. Included would be the removal of nearly all, if not all our overseas presence. The only thing to remain behind would be the intelligence networks.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:40 PM   #134
Stratos
Vampire

Just remind me to cancel any trip to the US before you start your little revolt, mmmkay? My insurance doesn't cover it.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:44 PM   #135
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

So you can't get "Act of Libertarian" insurance?

BTW, do you have life insurance?

Do you have dependants?

If you answered yes to the second question but no to the third, stop paying for life insurance. It's a waste of money and won't do you a bit of good. The one kink to life insurance money is that you have to be dead to collect on it. A guy from Toronto taught me that when I was 11.