Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 11:43 AM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Well now that summer has arrived in Minnesota, I can finally enjoy going to the amusement parks again! We have a small park near us. It is OK as amusement parks go with the two 'key' rides being Wild Thing and Tower of Power. Wild thing is a roller coaster with a 200+ foot drop and the Tower of Power is a one of the 'new' genre of thrill ride, raise you to 254 feet, hold you there, and then drop you into a free fall reaching about 80mph

Anyone else enjoy amusement parks and especially roller coasters!

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-08-2001, 11:47 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

At australias wonderland they have a ride called Space Probe, It raises you to some incredidbly ridiculous height and instead of free falling, it pushes you down! I almost lost my t-shirt to the wind when that happened

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."

[This message has been edited by AzureWolf (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 11:48 AM   #3
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Well now that summer has arrived in Minnesota, I can finally enjoy going to the amusement parks again! We have a small park near us. It is OK as amusement parks go with the two 'key' rides being Wild Thing and Tower of Power. Wild thing is a roller coaster with a 200+ foot drop and the Tower of Power is a one of the 'new' genre of thrill ride, raise you to 254 feet, hold you there, and then drop you into a free fall reaching about 80mph

Anyone else enjoy amusement parks and especially roller coasters!

I'm a HUGE thrill ride junkie. And, living in MN as well, I'm waiting for my chance to get up there and ride those two!!!

I just got back from a trip to Las Vegas, and they have a ride that gave me one of the biggest rushes I've ever had. It's called "The Big Shot" and is on top of the Stratosphere. You're outside, and about 900 feet in the air. They strap you in, and shoot you straight up over a hundred feet. When you're at the top, the only thing you can see is the city, so you feel like you're free-falling. It's one incredible rush!!!!

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
Awake, Aware and Loving Life to the best of my abilities
Tracker of the fair Cleric Charean
Old 06-08-2001, 11:50 AM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I love rides, but not the same ones you do. I am more of a Pirates of the Carribean type or the simulation rides that make you think you are going high or flying, but NOT! We have Kings Island and Cedar Point here in Ohio, both great places for the kind of rides you like. I prefer Disneyland and the ET ride. I did go on Space Mountian once though. It wasn't too bad.

Summer YAY!!!

Moridin I love your sig!!! It has got to be my favorite!

------------------

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philiappians 4:13

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 12:00 PM   #5
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
I'm a HUGE thrill ride junkie. And, living in MN as well, I'm waiting for my chance to get up there and ride those two!!!

I just got back from a trip to Las Vegas, and they have a ride that gave me one of the biggest rushes I've ever had. It's called "The Big Shot" and is on top of the Stratosphere. You're outside, and about 900 feet in the air. They strap you in, and shoot you straight up over a hundred feet. When you're at the top, the only thing you can see is the city, so you feel like you're free-falling. It's one incredible rush!!!!

I was married in Vegas and we went on this ride right after our wedding! Needless to say this is not a ride one should go on in full tux and wedding dress

------------------

Old 06-08-2001, 12:03 PM   #6
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by mammawlin:
I love rides, but not the same ones you do. I am more of a Pirates of the Carribean type or the simulation rides that make you think you are going high or flying, but NOT! We have Kings Island and Cedar Point here in Ohio, both great places for the kind of rides you like. I prefer Disneyland and the ET ride. I did go on Space Mountian once though. It wasn't too bad.

Summer YAY!!!

I love your sig!!! It has got to be my favorite!

Thank you

Cedar Point is the one park I have wanted to go to for years and years, but have never gotten the chance
I like the simulator rides also. Winter in Minnesota = Indoor Amusement

------------------

Old 06-08-2001, 12:03 PM   #7
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I was married in Vegas and we went on this ride right after our wedding! Needless to say this is not a ride one should go on in full tux and wedding dress

ROFL! I can imagine!! It was interesting enough going in shorts and a T-Shirt!!! Still, though, man, what a rush! I went on it twice, and would love to go again.

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
Awake, Aware and Loving Life to the best of my abilities
Tracker of the fair Cleric Charean
Old 06-08-2001, 01:16 PM   #8
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Moridin, you would LOVE Cedar Point!! It does indeed have many a ride to soothe the thrill ride junkies most hardiest cravings! Have you ever looked at their online site? It has some cool references to the rides. They also have the old Breakers Hotel there on Lake Erie - it is beautiful there. The lake looks as big as the ocean when you are sitting on the beach. If you ever get the chance, you should definately go.

Mammawlin
Old 06-08-2001, 01:26 PM   #9
Moni

Six Flags Over Texas just opened a new ride this year called The Titan. It's one of those big rollers coasters with huge drops and high speed.

I want to ride it!

I haven't been on a roller coaster in (my gosh!) twenty three or twenty four years when I rode King's Island's "The Beast" which had newly opened and boasted being "The Biggest, Baddest, Longest, Fastest Roller Coaster in The World". It was thrilling!

I "virtually" rode it again in a mall in Tucson one year LOL just to point out to my friends the areas underneath it where we used to sneak into the park, raid the fireworks sheds and generally play in the woods below it.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-08-2001).]

Old 06-08-2001, 01:35 PM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I have just opened my own theme park, sponsered by Pillsbury!!! Take a visit to
Dough World now for only $12 all rides free Take a ride on the Rollingpin of Doom or have a look through the Oven of Horrors. And your host for the day, the biscuit king

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."