Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 07:43 AM   #71
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Just to make my favorite morning pastry do a bit more work and to skew the numbers...

I'm 21. Er...ok, so nobody will believe that? Shoot, I already told you all I'm 40, didn't I? LOL Ok, well Fabulous Forty reporting as ordered!

Sir Tainly? EEEEF...you do live dangerously!

Good morning all!

CloudBaby

Hi all, I'm 21 Just kidding Cloudy actually I won't be 21 until 4 May so maybe you can make a joke about diapers or something to get back at me

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-10-2001, 07:51 AM   #72
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Hi Epona,

Lets look at the demographics again, how many Sports/FPS and RTS games do you buy?
I've only recently got into RPGs. Most of my game purchases are strategy (some RTS, some Turn Based) or management (city or sports management). So most of my game purchases fall into the brackets you mention. I'm not particularly into FPS as I have bad hand/eye co-ordination (typical girl!!)
I have also never been asked by a market researcher whether I buy computer games and what sort, when I am approached by post, in shops or in the street, I am usually asked about hair, beauty or domestic products - perhaps the researchers themselves target whom they think will be the most likely group? Not good for the statistics, but I bet it happens.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:58 AM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Hi Epona. Just to let you know that I have been paying attention , there have been 20 ages given in 65 posts. The current average is 29.35. Which makes you just above average.

Damn, I guess I'm below the average then. I'm 27.

Donut, love your posts. Old people are SOOO cute!

------------------
Old 04-10-2001, 08:04 AM   #74
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

lordy lordy I'm thirty!

in my soul, I'm half my age!

------------------
Old 04-10-2001, 08:11 AM   #75
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Donut, love your posts. Old people are SOOO cute!

Enough with the old jokes okay! I've got a full head of hair, all of my own teeth and as long as the nurse bathes me at least once a month that 'old person smell' isn't too bad.

Demographic update. 23 posts - average age 29.3. Men 17 posts average age 27.23. Women 6 posts (does that tell you anything?) average 35.17.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:13 AM   #76
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I've only recently got into RPGs. Most of my game purchases are strategy (some RTS, some Turn Based) or management (city or sports management). So most of my game purchases fall into the brackets you mention. I'm not particularly into FPS as I have bad hand/eye co-ordination (typical girl!!)
I have also never been asked by a market researcher whether I buy computer games and what sort, when I am approached by post, in shops or in the street, I am usually asked about hair, beauty or domestic products - perhaps the researchers themselves target whom they think will be the most likely group? Not good for the statistics, but I bet it happens.

Well its cool you like RTS and such, if only more girls did!! Hey and be nice to market researchers, I was I got 10 quids worth of vouchers

I mean what I said about being interested in what women want to see in a game, if a publisher could tap into that demand, then they potentially could be raking it in. What you need is a "killer app" a game that women would buy a computer in order to play. (look at Gran Tourismo on the Play Station for as an example of such)

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-10-2001, 08:19 AM   #77
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut;
Demographic update. 23 posts - average age 29.3. Men 17 posts average age 27.23. Women 6 posts (does that tell you anything?) average 35.17.
Ummmmm....that you guys have more time on your hands than us wommen at this hour of the morning?!

Moni

Old 04-10-2001, 08:20 AM   #78
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Ummmmm....that you guys have more time on your hands than us wommen at this hour of the morning?!

Moni

Or we live in another time zone, 1:15 pm here

------------------

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-10-2001, 08:28 AM   #79
Moni

True! Thanks for another excuse for the ladies!

Moni

Old 04-10-2001, 08:30 AM   #80
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
True! Thanks for another excuse for the ladies!

Moni
(wearing sexist hat) Well you girls need one!
(takes off sexist hat)

Sorry you walked into that one

------------------

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick