Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 09:38 AM   #1
lroyo

It looks like it's my team versus yours Downunda. May the best team win! [img]graemlins/repuke.gif[/img]

(Rugby Union Super 12 for those who have no idea what I'm talking about!)

Old 05-18-2002, 11:30 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm in tears...I just came back from Aussie Stadium to watch my beloved Tahs get flogged 51-10. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

At least it was an improvement from 96-19 last week...but their error rate was just too high and the Bumblies just capitalized. Losing five lineouts on your own throw is just unforgiveable, Cannon's throwing in the lineout is a disgrace and he needs to be removed from the team or taught how to throw the ball straight (which is his primary function anyway!!!). Absolute disgrace!!!!

Just too many dropped balls and pushed passes and the Bumblies made them pay for every single one. They weren't a 41-pts worse side, but playing catch-up footy towards the end just got the score blowing out.

Duncan McRae just looks too pedestrian in attack, he seems to have forgotten how to run the football. Larkham played all over him. Likewise we got outplayed in the backrow, Finegan had a whale of a game and well-outplayed Tuiavii. Too often Waugh was left without support at the breakdown and got cleaned out by the Brumbies tight forwards.

Bumblies look pretty awesome though, their game is back on song. Their recycling of the ball was very quick and their support of the ball carrier was exceptional, putting their bodies on the line at each breakdown. It'll be a good final next week at Christchurch.

Oh, and for those who have no idea what I'm talking about...it's Super 12 Rugby...the best interprovincial rugby in the world. Kicks ass all over the Zurich Premiership.

Old 05-18-2002, 03:59 PM   #3
Vampire

Umm the rest of the board and hence the REAL world (runs) do you have any idea what these Aussies are on about now??
Old 05-18-2002, 04:52 PM   #4
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Well Aviendha, I have a feeling that the Australian team is going to lose out on this one. The Crusaders will beat the Brumbies EASY!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 05-18-2002, 06:30 PM   #5
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Just woken up on a sunday mornin after a nite on the town, head has felt better than what it feels right now but... WE BEAT THE HIGHLANDERS!
Bring on the Bumblies I might even buy myself a ticket to watch them get beat
Old 05-18-2002, 11:51 PM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!

[ 05-18-2002, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 05-19-2002, 12:01 AM   #7
lroyo

Oi, Oi, Oi!!!!

Oh that really is quite sad! But I still say it everytime I'm at the cricket!

Old 05-19-2002, 12:02 AM   #8
Downunda

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!

Dunno how to do the flash crap so... KIWI KIWI KIWI!
Old 05-19-2002, 12:04 AM   #9
lroyo

Aren't you supposed to do the Haka or something?

Old 05-19-2002, 12:23 AM   #10
Downunda

I'll leave that for the All Blacks [img]tongue.gif[/img]