Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 08:35 AM   #101
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hello Donut - you will be pleased to know that my absence wasn't an intentional effort to avoid your good self - it was due to the flamin smeg heads at work who this afternoon and tonight are showing particular proficiency at inefficincy (trust that to be the one thing they are good at). Have spent all day butting heads with irrationally stoic collegues who.....Aaarggghh, what's the use.

How are we this evening . You seems to be enjoying yourself there - basking in another one day shocker from the boys from OZ. I think the're just getting ready to pull a Botham - getting the odds up before storming through in a blazing whirlwhind . Well that's what I choose to believe anyway.

LOL, nice poem - liked that - how are your own boys getting on in the sub-continent. Surely there must be another world darts championship coming along soon to take the heat off [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

You're getting the hang of it nicely Glorfindel - glad to see you stayed with us - umm, a little less of the "leading with the chin" would be good though . In fact it's not the losing of the cricket to the NZers that annoys me - the national radio broadcaster for some reason has recruited a kiwi to assist in the broadcast - I didn't think you could get a more jumped up and biased twat than Tony Grieg, but THEY DID!!!!. This guy has me on the continual verge of performing extreme violence to my radio.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:36 PM   #102
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
[QB]
umm, a little less of the "leading with the chin" would be good though . QB]

I would try.... but me being such a "Young whippersnapper" as Aelia so nicely put it [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .... I wouldnt no wat the means... Well i do know that cricket commentators (especially on the radio) have been very biased quite often in the past.

And I am very sry 4 helping donut with his posts AGAIN [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] .... I'll learn
Old 01-18-2002, 07:08 AM   #103
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Don't you just flamin hate it when you go to submit a post and hit the BACK button instead - I sure know I do .

What happened - some one changed the rules when I wasn't looking - Queensland got absolutely splattered by our Taswegian cousins in the domestic competition - this goes against all the basic tenets of my existance .

On a brighter note, either Timbledon or Canada Greg will get eliminated from the OZ open tonight. That will reduce Donut to one great hope, in the attempt to break the 66 year old hoodoo [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .
Old 01-18-2002, 08:46 AM   #104
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

On a brighter note, either Timbledon or Canada Greg will get eliminated from the OZ open tonight. That will reduce Donut to one great hope, in the attempt to break the 66 year old hoodoo [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .

Davros I've got a few straws here - would you like to clutch at them?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-18-2002, 09:29 AM   #105
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Davros I've got a few straws here - would you like to clutch at them?

Well that depends Donut - there isn't any nasty Fosters at the other end is there . I just noticed that Timbledon swept through with a clean broom - ahh, I mean in 4 sets. Really cleaned up by the looks of it . Sigh - it's just not so much fun when your own players are quickly knoocked out. I'm starting to imagine how Donut must feel each year at the All England Champioships.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:45 PM   #106
Glorfindel

**bump**
Old 01-20-2002, 04:53 AM   #107
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Glorfindel - I was just starting to settle down to a return to normalcy (you know, Brits out of the tennis and losing at cricket), but it looks like our own wondrous cricket side doesn't seem to realise that normal services were supposed to have been restored. It's not looking good for them - maybe we need a a few of those chammels to help out .
Old 01-20-2002, 04:56 AM   #108
Glorfindel

Now I just heard that Bjorkman or wateva his name is knocked out a Pom in the mens... does that mean the brits are out of it [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ???
Old 01-20-2002, 05:04 AM   #109
LennonCook
Jack Burton

As I always say,

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!

Old 01-20-2002, 05:04 AM   #110
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Hi all, good to see you haven't stopped discussing sport after losing to NEW ZEALAND.....TWICE! heheheh The games were so funny, after we had batted everyone was wondering how much the Australians would beat us by, they never even considered losing!

Anyway, I hope Australia beats South Africa in the next match, because that would leave us at the top of the table.

The question is, can we continue our winning streak? Hopefully we can.