Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2000, 05:07 AM   #1
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Does anyone know where the +4 Longsword is, I figured it's a random item since I've gone through the game four times without finding it. I normally use the paladins sword for my paladin but my fighter could use a better sword than the Restored blade of Aihonen.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2000, 01:38 PM   #2
sibley

The Restored Blade of Aihonen is +5. Yes, there is the stuff about being within a dragon's flight of the lake, but that includes the whole game. If you have 5 skill points in large swords, this blade is better (by +1) than the paladin sword Pale Justice, because a paladin can get only 2 skill points.

I can see that you might want a good sword sooner, though. The Restored Blade of Aihonen you get very late in the game.

The only long sword +4 listed in the hint book is the Long Sword of Action +4, which grants +1 AC, an extra attack per round, and 15% slashing resistance. (There's also a Long Sword of Action +2, a different item.) I've never found it, don't know where it is. Apparently it's a random item. Presumably it's also found pretty near the end of the game. The extra attack probably makes it preferable to the Restored Blade of Aihonen.
Old 09-15-2000, 03:35 PM   #3
Slinky

I don't remember where I found it but I have a Two Handed Sword +4:Backbiter and a Celebrant's Axe. The sword does 1d10+4 damage, THACO of +4 and has a 25% chance of doing 1d4 damage to the wielder which kinda sucks. The axe does, I think, 1d8+4 damage and +4 THACO, which is pretty cool. I can't remember where I found it either. My personal favorite sword is the Incinerator. It's a +3 sword that has a 50% chance of fire damage and a 10% chance of the target being stunned. It's awesome against trolls when they're down regenerating. Maybe if someone else recognizes these weapons, they might know where to find them.
Old 09-17-2000, 05:11 AM   #4
elvensong

hi,

the sword you're looking for -- long sword of action +4 (perfect one-handed weapon) -- is randomised in the house of maiden ilmadia. you should play with saves, for i don't remember which savegame you should load if you don't get the sword -- the autosave or the save near the wardrobe. you can try and get the lsoa+4 together with the repeating heavy crossbow (or long bow +4 the hammer). this would be the perfect combination.

if you still have any problems send me an e-mail at talktalk@mail.ru. and don't forget to visit my site at http://icewinddale.narod.ru .

regards,
elvensong
Old 09-17-2000, 05:13 AM   #5
elvensong

p.s. i can send you my character file if you have already covered this area.

regards,
elvensong
Old 09-17-2000, 09:27 AM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I just finished the game but I am about to start a new game with the same characters. I would still be glad if you could send me that character file, thanks
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote