Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 04:45 PM   #1
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

It even changes the loading screen.
Granamere

[ 02-12-2003, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Patch Version 1.28 Details
Available for English Only. Summary of fixes new to this patch listed below (complete list of fixes here).

WARNING! ALL MODULES CREATED/SAVED WITH THE VERSION 1.28 TOOLSET ARE TAGGED AS REQUIRING VERSION 1.28 OR HIGHER OF NEVERWINTER NIGHTS GAME OR TOOLSET. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BRAND YOUR MODULE AS 1.28 OR HIGHER THEN DO NOT EDIT YOUR MODULE IN THE VERSION 1.28 OR HIGHER TOOLSET.
IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 1.27, WE HAVE A REVERT PATCH AVAILABLE.

Neverwinter Nights Game

Added Gnolls to the game resources.
Added support for multiple Hak Paks.
Fixed polymorph removal on all saving/exporting of creatures.
Added new ATI code for the ATI Catalyst 3.0/3.1 drivers. Please upgrade to the ATI Catalyst 3.1 drivers if you have not done so already.
Fixed "Damage Reduction absorbed # damage" message. It now displays the correct value absorbed for Barbarians/Monks.
If GameSpy is offline, Favorites, History, Buddy Lists, and Direct Connect will all be available from the Internet Multiplayer screen instead of denying access.
Made a fix for creatures in a Hak Pak crashing the game when reloading the hak pak saved game from within the game.
Made several game stability fixes.
Made some fixes to prevent game/character hacking. Sorry, but we will never publically discuss specific changes to the game with regards to hacking the game.

Scripting Specific

Added smooth transitioning parameter to SetCameraFacing().
Added CopyObject() scripting command.

Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset

Added multiple Hak Pak support.
Improved module loading speed. However, this change means that you can no longer insert blueprints into a module outside of the Toolset by putting them in the module temp directory, and expect them to appear when you load the module.
Added right-click menu option to manually reload any of the blueprint palettes. Useful if you inserted blueprints into a module outside of the toolset and they don't appear because of the new module loading code.
Optimized loading of blueprint files during palette refresh after operations such as File|Import, or creating a new plot.
In the inventory dialog, warn user when equipping items that a creature cannot use, and list the feats that are missing. This will not warn about existing problems with creatures, only warn for new equipping attempts.

Hak Pak Editor

Added File|Merge option to merge another Hak Pak into the one that is currently open. This will just merge the file content of the Hak Paks. This will NOT merge 2DA files.

[ 02-12-2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 05:06 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You beat me to it, Granamere! Lol! I have been diligently watching for this, but NWN did not update thier main page, so I missed out!

Memnoch or Ziroc: I was thinking we could at least leave this at the top for a little while, just to get the word out. If either of you want to remove the sticky, I have no problem with that.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:46 PM   #4
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I just got in my two copies of the Collector's Edition in today and decided to load one here at work to try something. I did the update and poof it was 1.28. I thought they normally did 2 beta tests before they release so I was expecting it sometime next week. Shock and suprise. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Granamere
Old 02-13-2003, 11:06 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Ahem.. it would appear there is a minor bug in it that messes up your Aurora creations. A patch has already been released. Check official boards for more detail.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #6
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

More info on the patch to the toolset is here.
http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...92604&forum=46
Granamere

There is an issue in the current 1.28 English Toolset for Neverwinter Nights where deleting a script on a creature, etc. and it will replace the script with the word 'RESREF'. You can save and run your module and it won't break anything, but this is a significant enough problem that we are going to handle it outside of the normal patching process.

We have a fixed version of the Toolset available for download right now, BUT you must also either back up your old Toolset or download the original 1.28 Toolset from us, otherwise you will break your ability to update the game to 1.29

This issue is an English version only issue, and will not be in the upcoming non-English versions of the 1.28 Update.

1. Back up your existing 1.28 NWToolset.exe file to someplace safe.

2. Download the fixed 1.28 NWToolset.

3. Unzip the contents of this zip file into your Neverwinter Nights directory.

4. Enjoy a 'RESREF'-free version of the Toolset.

When the 1.29 patch comes around you must either:

1. Restore your backed up Toolset from step 1, above.

- OR -

2. Download the Original 1.28 NWToolset.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:41 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Already downloaded the fix. T'is only little over 2MB, so it only took a minute. Might be a bit longer for people who are still on 56K or lower. But I recon it is worth it, to protect my preccccccioussssss
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 06:38 AM   #8
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Well I think I can wait till they come out with 1.29 as I don't feel like messing around that much for a patch. Maybe they will have fixed the 1.28 problem with that patch so I won't have to manually do all the replacement and extra download.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote