Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2001, 08:08 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My main complaint is I keep getting lost outdoors. Yea stupid I know lol
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:13 PM   #22
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I never really did state what I found most irritating about W&W, though I've stated it before in other threads.

What is most irritating about this game is that the OATH everyone swears means nothing. Character can act contrary to the oath they swore back in the crypt and the game doesn't care one little bit.
I can put up with all the other odd bits of frustration, the ladders, spells fizzling in certain areas, etc. but the fact that the oath is not enforced and that players are actually WELL rewarded for abandoning it is the very most irritating thing about W&W.

(off my soap box)

Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:36 PM   #23
Ruthafud
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would say that the most annoying thing in W&W is forgetting that your magic user has a major spell like Meteor Storm lined up and you are fighting some lame-o turd beasts like Worge Mongruls, and just hitting left click completely bored. Suddenly, BLAMMMMM!!!!! You never backed out of danger and wiped your whole party out. Re-load.......

- Fud
Ruthafud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:54 PM   #24
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ruthafud -

Welcome to the club!! LOL!!! So many of us have done the same thing!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 10:44 PM   #25
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

1 game plays ok for a while then crasshes am playing on laptop!

2 game crasshes when I talk to girl near winmill,
or the fellow in frount of snake temple!

3 tried to install game on desktop,
gave up after 6 hours!

------------------
T H A N K S
Eiz

[This message has been edited by Mr-Eiz (edited 05-04-2001).]
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 12:04 AM   #26
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I only have a couple of beefs and they have been mentioned already.

1. Treasure chests. Oh how I HATE the fact that you have gold colored items on a gold background. The chest is completely full with a tiny ring it it! You cannot tell if the item you cannot find is a worthless trinket or an item you have been trying to find for ages. I agree with Saz. Bad Design! Go stand in the corner! Bad Design!

2. Some of those monsters, especially the fish, are hard to target. The bats are hard but not as hard as those darn fish! You move the curser and just when you have them in your sites, you click the button and the fish wiggles at just the same time and you have an eye instead of fried fish. The underwater creatures are a pain. If you look underwater so that you can see them, you sink faster than you can swing and you are out of range. If you stay above water, you have to target a fin that moves sideways as you try to target it. I feel like a cartoon character that keeps swinging and the other character always moves just out of the way.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 03:36 AM   #27
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Knarfling: I agree on the underwater critters, especially those west of Brimloch Roon. Strategy: get them to see you, then swim back and grab hold of the underwater slope. You'll anchor there and they'll come up to your level and attack you...it's much easier than striking while sinking.

Another thing: swim under them and push them up out of the water and whack them there! Nothing says they have to remain underwater! Hehehe!!

I wonder if you can create a portal, say on Skull Island, and teleport the creatures there, then whack at them on dry land? Anyone try this?

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 10:41 PM   #28
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

One thing is there is no WW II

------------------

Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's of to play we go

T H A N K S
Eiz
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 12:09 AM   #29
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

All time consuming issues mentioned above, AND identify and repair of items should be either automatic(like fletchery) or at least Click ONCE to get everything in a character's inventory id'd or repaired. Big time saver.

Re: Casting difficulty. I've ONLY had trouble casting on my pixie in the woods and I reduced that drastically by looking DOWN when I cast on him! kewl,'cause pixies is SHORT! hehehe!

I sympathize with most other complaints, but isn't this like the third "complaint" thread recently? No offense intended, but there's a lot of repetition on this subject.
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 12:07 PM   #30
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

same ol' boring music background....

high-pitched voices...argh!

------------------
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote