Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 06:25 PM   #1
KBT904
Elite Waterdeep Guard

has anybody else been able to get more than one promotion from a quest??? for the fighters level 3 quest (find the sword in the crypt)I clicked back and forth during the blacksmith's "hail" and ended up with a clan level 6 on a barbarian and a clan level 4 on a paladin .... had i realized what was going on i'd have kept going to see how high it would go... didn't work in the temple but i think that was b/c i had some class switching quests going on at the same time..
KBT904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:31 PM   #2
slug
Manshoon

yes, when you give the memo to jathil, you get unlimited returns.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:33 PM   #3
slug
Manshoon

it is the second Ishad Na priest guild quest i think. i believe there is at least one other. not sure. i believe we shall soon find out.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:14 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's the last one, actually, Slug. The first is to kill the Naga, and the second one is to find proof of Galian's existence at Castle Shurugeon.

And, KBT904, yes, you can click back and forth and get up to 7th level guild standing off the first quest, if you'd like. Actually, you can click back and fourth like that 64 times rapidly (seems to be the limit) to get multiple XP and credit for the quest...if you're patient, that is. You see, those guildmasters have to then go through their mindless speech sixty-four times...

(virtual shudder)

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 09:48 PM   #5
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

oh gee ... ONLY 64 times? heh...I used this nifty priest to boost 3 of my 13th level characters up to 17th level....

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 11:32 PM   #6
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I think many of us have used that trick before.

There are a couple of quests that you can actually get full credit for, leave and come back and get credit again. The most famous, of course, is the Jathil Scroll quest in Ishad N'ha.

But there are others.

The other one in Ishad N'ha is the Assassin quest to kill Grue Morde. You keep getting credit for that every time you go back to Ishad's Pawn shop.

In Brimloch, you can get credit for a couple of quests. If you manage to get the seeds for Sebastian before going to the shrine, you get 5000 points every time you go back to the Wizard's guild after completing the third quest.
Also, you keep getting credit for killing Grue Morde in Brimloch even though you completed the quest for Ishad. 2500 points and 2500 gold each time you go back.
Not only that, but you can keep getting 5000 points for the Stone of Clover each time you go back as well.

I do not know if this is just a fluke, but I can get these every time I play.

Good Luck

Knarfling

[This message has been edited by Knarfling (edited 03-30-2001).]
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 12:59 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, I never knew about the Wizard Guild one, Knarfling, even though my group perenially climbs the walls and "tree-surfs" prematurely over to the Lost Sea area to get the Treant seeds to complete that quest before the Shrine. I guess they just couldn't stomach any more of Sabastio after completing his last quest, LOL!

Thanks for the information.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 10:50 PM   #8
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

I have found that you can only go to lvl 7 only anyway

------------------

Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's of to play we go

T H A N K S
Eiz

[This message has been edited by Mr-Eiz (edited 05-28-2001).]
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 09:11 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
You see, those guildmasters have to then go through their mindless speech sixty-four times...

(virtual shudder)

-Sazerac
Seems like Sebastio does that whether you click or not!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote