Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Yunte
Welcomed New User

***Spoilers here!***

I really could do with some help here. I'm new to Icewind Dale 2 and I think I've screwed my game up, and I may even have to start again.

Here's what the problem is: I've played through the Prologue and Chapter 1. I have stormed through the Ice Temple on both levels.

Everything I can do within the Ice Temple has been done:

- I have been EVERYWHERE in the temple. I used the Dais to unlock all extra areas and they have been explored.

- Cathin and Lysara are dead.

- I have gone through all ranks of the Battle Squares challenge.

- I have delivered both of Nathaniel's items to him.

- I have spoken to Nickademus, telling him everything I can.

- I have spoken to the Genie several times.

I think I have done everything I can, BUT I have not yet killed Oria. Towards her death, she threatened she would break the staff of power. I told her to go ahead and do it...

I learned from several walkthroughs I found on the net that when she breaks her staff she goes to her ethereal plane. I travelled to the ethereal plane via the Battle Squares room, but I could not find Oria ANYWHERE!!!

It seems to me like I have done everything in a strange order or something, and I have caused a glitch in the game, but maybe someone else knows different...

If anyone can tell me where Oria might be or what I could do next to progress in the game, it would be GREATLY appreciated, since my next best saved game is at the start of Chapter 2, in the crashed airship!!!

NOTE: I am not bothered about spoilers or cheating, all I want is to progress in the game.

Thanks to all who can help.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Switch on the Inner Sanctum (ethereal) mode in the Battle Squares room. I think it's the far right switch. When Oria breaks her staff of power, it turns her ethereal. By throwing the switch, your party enters ethereal mode and can kill her.

She's hard to find. Try moving your party to the Battle Squares room to throw the switch then haste a party member to go search for Oria. Sometimes she shows up at the Battle Squares room once you've activated Inner Sanctum mode. Other times she's hanging out in odd places, like the stairs to the level or the coffin room. (Don't worry--she'll be somewhere on level 2.)
Old 01-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Erm... you've beaten ALL the ranks of the Battle squares? So how do you like that sword?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

use the way point to serach every room and put you other members a junctions. Follow the members using way points, pausing frequently to check the junctions and make sure she is not going to areas you have already searched
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

In my games she followed me to the battle square and was there when I used the lever...
Old 01-25-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
Yunte
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the help. I'll try looking a little harder.

As for completing all the ranks in the Battle Squares, I cheated, because I ALWAYS cheat on my first game of anything. If I ever play IWD2 again then I probably won't cheat.

Anyway thanks again, I'll go find that stupid woman!