Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 04:44 AM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Anyone else playing this?
i cant seem to figure out how to coerce the russian crime lord to join me
i also cant seem to unlock minions of higher rank than 1st
managed to get my notoriety up to 216, of course with pathetic minions and only 3 henchman (two of which are non combatant) im getting my butt kicked!
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:31 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ohh, ive been wanting this game, but its not out here yet, I have seen the trailers and it looks great. Tell me more about it.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #3
Gxc
Elminster

Hmm ive never heard of it.

But im guessing it just not out yet here.

I suppose ill look into if and see if its worth buying if i get bored.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

well
you play as one of 3 different evil geniuses
you can obtain up to 7 henchman who will join you as you gain more infamy (theres 11 total hench the manual says).
about 50% of the game is base building while the other 50% is defending your base and doing missions across the globe.

all of your minions have stats which you have to keep high or else theyre useless to you.

the forces of justice are constantly sending their
minions to your island to find incriminating evidence, steal back what you stole, or just eliminate you.

In order to train a guard minion you first have to kidnap a guard in the world map, same for a valet or technician. you interrogate them, and then your minion turns into them. after that your minion can train other minions if you have the propor training facility. I just wish i could find out how to get more advanced minions than these basics...
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:35 PM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Gxc:
Hmm ive never heard of it.
It's a bit like Dungeon Siege. Except for the fact that you're a Doctor Evil like character. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have borrowed this from a friend for a few weeks. Sounds Interesting and will try installing tonight.

[ 02-14-2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
Anyone else playing this?
i cant seem to figure out how to coerce the russian crime lord to join me
i also cant seem to unlock minions of higher rank than 1st
managed to get my notoriety up to 216, of course with pathetic minions and only 3 henchman (two of which are non combatant) im getting my butt kicked!
im playing the game and absoloutly loved it . of course the only problem with it is the game is so tricky that i was forced to read the walkthru.. and ill spoil you [img]tongue.gif[/img] im nearly at the end now btw.

spoil ahead:

there is more than one way to interrogate your prisoners . hint: go to the cafeteria and find the whipmix bowl.

as for the other minions, they will start appearing later in the game so dont worry about that. just be careful with the hencmen you will choose. personally: with the cheats i made.. the samurai guy is one of the best henchmen you can get with his special ability of teleport.

and try not to get your notoriety up so much in the first parts of the game yet. it will make your life easier plus those super james bond hero wont charge at you first.

edit: i just want to add, lord kane and samurai guy is one of the most useful guys ever.. then butcher comes second to me with his facade of normality trick. his attacks are way deadly as well.

[ 02-17-2005, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Very good, for all intensive purposes this is a SIM game, very much along the lines of those Zoo Tycoon games or one of those other SIMS. Except for me much more fun. So even if your not a SIM fan it may be worth giving this one a try.

Currently, I am having problems with tourist wandering into my base. I have started a hotel for the nuisance's but building hotels with perks is expensive. You think if tourist continue to go missing they will stop coming to my island. But Noooo!! I instead get a pile of investigators on the island. Well they need to go missing as well. Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! Hmmm... My freezer is started to become full.

[ 02-16-2005, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote