Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2002, 11:22 PM   #1
daeomer
Manshoon

Ok.... I have been trying to kill the Demon Wraith for awhile now and I don't think I have even touched him yet. I would appreciate any helpful tips on how to cope with this once and for all.

Thanks in advance.
daeomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 06:47 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Party make-up and levels?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:16 AM   #3
daeomer
Manshoon

My party:

Valygar 17th
Minsc 17th
Jaheira 13/13
Archer 17th
Imoen 15th MU
Aerie 14Cl/13 MU

What's a good strategy?
Old 09-12-2002, 12:20 PM   #4
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Lessee, try Lower Resistance if it's MR(can't remember), enchanted weapons(u have some right?), and some clerical anti-demon spell or something. Can't remember that guy exactly...
Old 09-12-2002, 01:02 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by daeomer:
My party:
Valygar 17th
Minsc 17th
Jaheira 13/13
Archer 17th
Imoen 15th MU
Aerie 14Cl/13 MU
What's a good strategy?
A General Guideline,
  1. Have Jaheira and Aerie cast Detect Traps before you enter the room.
  2. Remember to have Stoneskin, Ironskin, Melf's Minute Meteors, Resist Fear, Free Action, Chaotic Commands, etc... casted on the party before you enter the room. Take note to cast the longest lasting spells first. Stoneskin/Ironskin/Melf's Minute Meteors can be casted before you rest, and it will still be active.
  3. Turn off the Party AI, this is one battle where you want to dictate everybody's actions for the entire duration of the fight. Make good use of the autopause functions and the spacebar.
  4. DO NOT move when you warp into the room. Wait for Jaheira or Aerie to detect all the traps, then use Imoen to disarm them.
  5. However, just because you cannot move, does not mean you cannot do anything. Get Jaheira and Aerie to start summoning. They can still cast spells while detecting traps. Fire Elementals and Aerial Servants come to mind. Use these summons to occupy the Demon Wraith.
  6. You as an Archer, can take pot shots. Remember not to move however!
  7. Once Imoen has finished disarming all the traps, focus on the Demon Wraith.
  8. Use True Sight to dispel its' illusions. Ruby Ray of Reversal, Khelben's Warding Whip and Breach to remove its' spell protections.
  9. Sic Valgar and Minsc on it now. Have your Archer hit it too, do not forget about your Call Shot ability.
  10. If you want to use offensive magic on the Demon Wraith, cast 3 Lower Resistances on it first.
  11. Good luck, have fun.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 09-12-2002, 02:08 PM   #6
daeomer
Manshoon

Thanks Dundee!

That is a huge help! I really appreciate the level of detail in your description of the strategy.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:07 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

No problem. Let us know how it went.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:36 AM   #8
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

you're supposed to go north out of that room anyway. I would say to just leave as soon as you enter the room, and come back when you are at a higher level.

Greater Whirlwinds and ranged weapons of +4 or better are excellent. (Gesen, Firetooth, Sling of Everard, +4 bullets)

Also, the way the traps are set up, go forward into the center circle, but only halfway into the circle. Then go off to the side, go forward a little bit, then go back into the circle on the other half (closest to the wraith). Then go straight towards him. You don't have any greater whirlwinds, though, so just use summons. Also, don't kill the ghosts unless you need to. You get more XP for letting them live.

HASTE!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 11:52 AM   #9
daeomer
Manshoon

Thanks to your advice it was actually one of the easiest battles ever! It was over before I knew it had begun.

Thanks alot!
Old 09-14-2002, 12:29 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

No problem.